The Student Room Group

Sixth form or apprenticeship

I’m struggling to decide whether to leave sixth form for an apprenticeship can anyone help ?
If you can't decide I'd go for the apprenticeship. You can always go back and get Alevels later. Alot of apprenticeships have an age limit and are only offered to young people.

Work experience is way more valuable than Alevels.
(edited 2 years ago)
So doing a L3 motor mechanics apprenticeship is much better than btec science btec sport and a level dt
Original post by Chicken.M.
If you can't decide I'd go for the apprenticeship. You can always go back and get Alevels later. Alot of apprenticeships have an age limit and are only offered to young people.

Work experience is way more valuable than Alevels.

So doing a L3 motor mechanics apprenticeship is much better than doing BTEC Science, BTEC sport and A Level DT
Original post by Danielliam19
So doing a L3 motor mechanics apprenticeship is much better than btec science btec sport and a level dt

Well yeah because you get a job at the end of it and earn money. Unless you have a burning passion to study a particular subject it's better to just go for the apprenticeship. Once it's over and you're earning money at your job you can then decide if you want to go back to college to study something else if you don't like it.
Original post by Chicken.M.
Well yeah because you get a job at the end of it and earn money. Unless you have a burning passion to study a particular subject it's better to just go for the apprenticeship. Once it's over and you're earning money at your job you can then decide if you want to go back to college to study something else if you don't like it.

Thank you I think I will apply for an apprenticeship. I was looking and university doesn’t really help you to become a car mechanic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending