Discrimination - hidden illness?

Watch
Benjamin_Stables
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

I am a student at University. I had to move flats because of this.
They kept telling me I was lying about my illness because I refused to show them proof. It is hurting my mental health and I am at the point where I feel isolated.

What can I do?
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why don't you want to show them proof of your illness?
I know discussing medical conditions can make people feel quite vulnerable sometimes, however this may well resolve the situation.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
who asked you to show them proof? the accomodation manager? the disability department at your uni? your former housemates?

what did you need the evidence for?
Benjamin_Stables
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
who asked you to show them proof? the accomodation manager? the disability department at your uni? your former housemates?

what did you need the evidence for?Submit reply
Hi, it was my flatmates who demanded it from me.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Benjamin_Stables)
Hi, it was my flatmates who demanded it from me.
Out of interest, what did you do to merit them demanding proof of this hidden illness? It sounds somewhat odd that they would randomly demand proof of it unless youd been doing something to irritate them and used this as a justification?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (17)
7.3%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (40)
17.17%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (62)
26.61%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.31%

Watched Threads