The Student Room Group

Considering open university

I finished A levels two years ago with no idea what I wanted to do next. I’m now interested in maybe doing a creative writing degree. But I’m pretty sure the structure and whole university life wouldn’t be best for me.

I then came across open university. I’m not 100% sure how it works but from what I can gather, It’s much more suited.

I’d like to know just how different it is from normal universities and would a degree from the open university be treated and valued the same as a degree from others

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
I finished A levels two years ago with no idea what I wanted to do next. I’m now interested in maybe doing a creative writing degree. But I’m pretty sure the structure and whole university life wouldn’t be best for me.

I then came across open university. I’m not 100% sure how it works but from what I can gather, It’s much more suited.

I’d like to know just how different it is from normal universities and would a degree from the open university be treated and valued the same as a degree from others

Thank you

given that most universities have been online this year and many will be next year I think you’d be in the same position as everyone else.

my friend went to the OU and it worked for them as they could work a lot around their study and raise their kid. they’re a optician now and on a decent wage so I’d say the OU is pretty good if that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending