johnny0148
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am currently in the process of deciding which A levels I wish to take at sixth form and am worried I will take the wrong A levels that will affect my chance at what I want to do at university. I got A*s in all of my GCSEs and want to go to a good university but I am not 100% sure as to what I want to do at university.
Concerning my current A level choices, I want to take Maths because I've heard that's a subject that is helpful in all careers. Originally I was considering becoming a doctor and so decided to take Chemistry and Biology. I also wanted to take an essay based subject just in case I decide I want to go into something like Law so I chose History too.
However, in the sixth form induction day I realised I also like Physics. In the past I have been interested in atsrophysics or engineering so will not taking Physics affect my chances of doing these at university or will the A levels I have curretly be ok? But if I do take Physics instead of Biology for example, will that mean I cannot do medicine at university without Biology? It’s not about which subjects I enjoy more because I love them all but I don’t know what I want to be when I’m older. I am worried I will take the wrong A levels and then be stuck when I am in my final year of A levels. Please help.
nyameye-bentil23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I would recommend looking on university websites for their entry requirements for different courses e.g. for medicine you only need chemistry and another science. There may also be some overlap so i say look online. Judging from what you've said, maths physics chemistry history will open you up for a lot of courses!
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How to Choose 6th Form subjects - read it all : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.8%
I need help researching courses (9)
5.49%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.88%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
43.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.83%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.93%

Watched Threads