The Student Room Group

What is the best exercise to burn fat/lose eight fast?

I’m 82kg and want to get down to the 60s by October. I’ve lost and gained weight over the past 2 years and i want to lose it for good now and keep it off. I can’t really go gym though because i’m working 40 hours a week. I’m going to eat around 1000-1200 calories as well.
Reply 1
weight*
Reply 2
You shouldn't lose weight quickly; you should lose if in a healthy and sustainable way, which is up to 1kg a week. That amount of calories sounds too low; have you calculated what it should be? Also, you wouldn't be getting the nutrition your body needs if you just pick an arbitrary number.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
You shouldn't lose weight quickly; you should lose if in a healthy and sustainable way, which is up to 1kg a week. That amount of calories sounds too low; have you calculated what it should be? Also, you wouldn't be getting the nutrition your body needs if you just pick an arbitrary number.

I did the calorie counter thing and it says i need 1970 calories to maintain weight and 1720 calories for mild weight loss. I honestly don’t know how to eat that many calories in healthy food though because i’m a very picky eater. It feels easier to just eat 1000 calories of like 2 meals and maybe 1 snack plus won’t i lose more weight? Is it that bad to eat 1000-1200, it feels like a lot.
Weights and definitely HIIT
skipping might help w burning fat
Reply 6
Original post by Hazzz01
skipping might help w burning fat

Yeah i thought of doing it, how long do you think would be best daily?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 82kg and want to get down to the 60s by October. I’ve lost and gained weight over the past 2 years and i want to lose it for good now and keep it off. I can’t really go gym though because i’m working 40 hours a week. I’m going to eat around 1000-1200 calories as well.

I’m the exact same weight and I’m struggling to lose weight
I think I’ve slightly lost weight having gone on regular walks and doing some 20 minute skipping exercise
And eating in a calorie deficit has helped
Search the tdee calculator and put in your weight, height etc and it should show you the calories you should eat to cut or lose weight
And the calories are reasonable unlike some apps that tell you to eat around 1200 with no regard of your weight or height
Going for long walks burns a lot tbh. It's what I do when I'm not weight training. You can even just stand there and walk on the spot raising your knees really high (it's really tiring). I usually do this while I'm on my PC lol.

I did the calorie counter thing and it says i need 1970 calories to maintain weight and 1720 calories for mild weight loss. I honestly don’t know how to eat that many calories in healthy food though because i’m a very picky eater. It feels easier to just eat 1000 calories of like 2 meals and maybe 1 snack plus won’t i lose more weight? Is it that bad to eat 1000-1200, it feels like a lot.

Nah 1000 is the minimum an average woman should eat when they're trying to lose weight, but going below that is supposed to be unhealthy and you might start to feel like crap.

And for men the minimum is 1200.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah i thought of doing it, how long do you think would be best daily?

20 mins? increase it day by day after, depends on you and how much you want to burn.

then go for 1400-1500. It will work and the weight will come off slower. 1200 is almost starvation mode for you. Sure the weight will come off but it will be harder, you'll feel hungry all the time and might possibly put it all back on.
Reply 12

You need to be eating more than 1200, especially if you start adding exercise; you naturally burn off a certain amount of calories each day just by living, plus you are working.

You've missed the bit about nutrition as well. If you just focus on restricting your calories you don't get all the vitamins, minerals etc you need. Don't go for 'easy', educate yourself on healthy. Wholegrain cereal, porridge, protein for breakfast and 2 other meals with the right balance of food groups.

Quick Reply