fxtimx56
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Ok so I’ve based my epq on the title:
How have dental materials and instruments evolved?
If you lot can give any pointers about this please do because I’m having a bit of trouble with it. Thanks!!!
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by fxtimx56)
Ok so I’ve based my epq on the title:
How have dental materials and instruments evolved?
If you lot can give any pointers about this please do because I’m having a bit of trouble with it. Thanks!!!
Sounds like a good basis but I’d recommend making your title more specific - currently, that title may lead you to being more descriptive whereas ideally you should be more analytical.
(For reference, I know nothing about dentistry so the next suggestions are purely examples and should be tailored by your research).

I’d recommend stating a time period, so how have they evolved since 1900s/1800s/1700s or since the beginning of modern dentistry. That allows you to make your focus a bit more specific. I’d also maybe start the title with ‘to what extent’ - this again lends itself to being more analytical then descriptive. I’d also maybe consider expanding the title to encourage some evaluation of whether these changes are positive/have changed dentistry for the better etc.

So maybe something like ‘to what extent has the evolution of dental materials since the 1800s positively contributed to modern day dentistry?’ This allows for much more evaluation and analysis, whereas your current title may be too descriptive.
fxtimx56
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
Sounds like a good basis but I’d recommend making your title more specific - currently, that title may lead you to being more descriptive whereas ideally you should be more analytical.
(For reference, I know nothing about dentistry so the next suggestions are purely examples and should be tailored by your research).

I’d recommend stating a time period, so how have they evolved since 1900s/1800s/1700s or since the beginning of modern dentistry. That allows you to make your focus a bit more specific. I’d also maybe start the title with ‘to what extent’ - this again lends itself to being more analytical then descriptive. I’d also maybe consider expanding the title to encourage some evaluation of whether these changes are positive/have changed dentistry for the better etc.

So maybe something like ‘to what extent has the evolution of dental materials since the 1800s positively contributed to modern day dentistry?’ This allows for much more evaluation and analysis, whereas your current title may be too descriptive.
Thank you so much for the title help. I think I’m going to change it to “how have dental material in fillings and root canals evolved since the 1800?” What do you think
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by fxtimx56)
Thank you so much for the title help. I think I’m going to change it to “how have dental material in fillings and root canals evolved since the 1800?” What do you think
I think that sounds good - more specific and should mean you can keep more focused on that particular time frame
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (26)
27.37%
As I expected (29)
30.53%
Harder (34)
35.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.32%

Watched Threads