The Student Room Group

What are some obscure games you love?

i love Bloons

Scroll to see replies

Pilotwings (SNES) or Sky Diver (Java), basically the same kind of game.
Kniffel
Dungeon Keeper.
Reply 4
The Bourne Conspiracy, it's a niche game but a very engaging and interesting one at that. It's based off the first Bourne film- Bourne Identity.
Onimusha for the PS2. Aside from a cult following, not many people know about it.

It (and the sequels) are set in Japan where you play as a Samurai who fights demons. The second game had excellent cutscene visuals that still look impressive even for today's tech.
Maybe is juice production tycoon!!
I like to play the online game Stack. I like to build up a tower to past the time.
“Dream house days” it’s a mobile game which I just love. I don’t play it as much as I used to but I enjoyed it so much.
Kairosoft games in general are very fun.
Caves of Qud :biggrin:

(AKA Caves of Qudn't figure out how to play for the first two hours but after that it was awesome)
(edited 2 years ago)
Not particularly obscure but Skies of Arcadia for the DC/GC. I would happily pay 25 quid for a higher-res port of that. More obscure would be Haunted Maze on Net Yaroze from the ps1 demo disks. That was fun.

A lot of the nintendo retro games from the snes era to the Gamecube generation. Also the Sony PS1 and PS2 games. Sega wise I would say Sonic and Shenmue.
Fruit ninja
I like a game called Subway surf, it's easy to get started. In many cases, it accompanies me.

Screenshot_20210715_033232.jpg
Reply 14
It's not really that obscure but Cook Serve Delicious is one of my fav games. Graphics are a little dated but nothing can beat the original.
Prince of persia the forgotten sands
Prince of persia the two thrones
I played the j2me version of both and I got them again on a j2me emulator
Anything made by Lucasfilm/Lucasarts between c. 1988-2000.
io games
idk if its obscure, but little nightmares and Fran bow sort of games
Hotel Dusk: Room 215. The only point and click game I could ever get into.

Quick Reply

Latest