Greencatgb
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello
I’d like to apply for 2020.
I’m looking atLancaster Warwick Birmingham but happy to look at others
Would anybody recommend their course and why?
Any to avoid?
Thankyou
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Go to the in-person Open Days that will happen in the Autumn term and listen to the 'subject talks' about several different courses/subjects. Each University will be different - both in the way it teaches a subject and the facilities available. You will get the opportunity to see and 'feel' if that University is right for you.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Greencatgb)
Hello
Any to avoid?
Thankyou
2020 has gone. Exeter might be worth looking at. They can combine most subjects under their flexible combined honours course. I dont know if they do theatre studies but do offer Drama which you might be able to combine with English
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi Greencatgb
I’ve just finished my third year of studying theatre at Lancaster University, so if you have any questions about theatre or student life I can try and share some of my experiences! Also feel free to get some students perspectives from the English students which can you can do through unibuddy through this link: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/
Let me know if u have any questions.
Lancaster university student ambassador Holly
Greencatgb
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi Greencatgb
I’ve just finished my third year of studying theatre at Lancaster University, so if you have any questions about theatre or student life I can try and share some of my experiences! Also feel free to get some students perspectives from the English students which can you can do through unibuddy through this link: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/
Let me know if u have any questions.
Lancaster university student ambassador Holly
Hello Holly
What was Lancaster like?
Was the course good?
I’m interested in acting and directing?
Thanks
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello Holly
What was Lancaster like?
Was the course good?
I’m interested in acting and directing?
Thanks
Hi there, I'm Daisy and I am also studying Theatre at Lancaster in my final year so I can answer this for you too!

Personally, I have found Lancaster University itself a lovely place to study and I've really enjoyed getting to know the city of Lancaster. It's a smaller city but there's always plenty of events going on and the campus is a very lively place. The course for Theatre, Drama, and Performance is great course if you're also interested in the more academic side of Theatre. The course tends to split it between theoretical classes and practical classes which means there's always something interesting for everyone. In second and third year, you can tailor the modules to you. For instance, this year I am doing a module called Writing For Performance and also a module about New British Writing for the theatre which as a director, would be the kind of module you might find interesting. These are just examples and I can't promise you'd have these in your time at Lancaster too. There were also modules that allow students to devise a piece of theatre in groups and it is performed in our Nuffield Theatre on campus which is one of the biggest black box theatres outside of London. It is also home to Lancaster Arts, a professional arts organisation which welcomes shows throughout the year so there's always theatre to go see. There's also the Dukes Theatre and the Grand Theatre in town.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you an idea of what Theatre at Lancaster is like! Feel free to ask me more questions.

Daisy (Final Year Spanish Studies and Theatre
Amp242
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello
Any to avoid?
Thankyou
My daughter is in her 1st year at Warwick studying a joint honours in English & theatre . Really enjoying it. Warwick was her 1st choice… the 2 other unis she was very keen on were Exeter and Lancaster
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads