The Student Room Group

University of Arts London vs University of Edinburgh

I have an offer from both universities. MA in User Experience Design from London College of Communication(UAL) and MSc Digital Design and Media(Edinburgh College of Arts). I am unable to decide which one to go ahead with.
Original post by vasu1310
I have an offer from both universities. MA in User Experience Design from London College of Communication(UAL) and MSc Digital Design and Media(Edinburgh College of Arts). I am unable to decide which one to go ahead with.

It really depends on what you want to do when you graduate, and specifically which company/ agency you would like to work for. I would suggest digging a little deeper into the specific modules, and match those to a job description for example that would be considered your 'dream job'. I have spent the last 3 years at LCC and I can tell you that the university is absolutely fantastic in terms of printing/lab facilities so it really does give you the student experience on another level. However, I know the MA UX design course and the tutors like the back of my hand, and I can tell you that this course is incredibly conceptual, it also means that an 'MA' is not as well respected in the industry as an MSc, hence the fact that assuming you would be working with scientific research/ design methods etc... Big tech companies overall DO prefer if applicants have a scientific background rather than a design or artistic background due to the nature of the area. I heard that Edinburgh is an amazing city too, lots of young students, and affordable living. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest