The Student Room Group

Business.

Is business gsce considered quite easy or is the work extremely rigorous?
Reply 1
i would say that business gcse is considered as a 'soft'/easy gcse but it can equip you with really useful knowledge in later life.
i did business iGCSE and i found it relatively easy i didn’t bother with memorising all the points in the textbook as much as i probably should’ve, but getting the hang of exam questions and exam technique was much more efficient and that is what helped me secure an A*! there is a lot to memorise (lots of long lists, advantages of business structures, disadvantages, all sorts of bullet points), and if you try to commit it all to memory, you’ll waste too much of your time. mastering exam technique is crucial.

i must say, however, the financial portion of business studies requires some actual memorisation and studying you can’t word vomit on the paper and expect to gain marks like you would with the rest of the course. there’s an economics section too, but as i also took iGCSE economics, it was a breeze. i’d highly recommend taking business studies and economics alongside each other!

don’t neglect the subject, learn how to use one key bullet point you’ve memorised and turn it into several separate points, understand the structures and practice past papers (i only solved the ones we did in class and it was enough!) you’ll do fine.
i did gcse business and found it pretty straightforward, i was the last cohort doing the old spec though. i mainly did exam paper questions for revision and flashcards for key terms.
Original post by mc11_isa2
Is business gsce considered quite easy or is the work extremely rigorous?

It's really easy, I did OCR and the coursework drags and you just have to write loads. But the exam is very straight forward, just make sure to link everything back to the question in 6 and 9 markers.

Quick Reply

Latest