Does mechanical engineering had to learn about Newtonian fluid?

Watch this thread
Izzahkhairani
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm trying to write my UCAS applications and I'm not sure if learning about Newtonian fluid or non-newtonian fluid from summer school is worth it to write it down. if it is worth it, what are the benefits of learning about that topic what it has to do with mechanical engineering.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Izzahkhairani)
I'm trying to write my UCAS applications and I'm not sure if learning about Newtonian fluid or non-newtonian fluid from summer school is worth it to write it down. if it is worth it, what are the benefits of learning about that topic what it has to do with mechanical engineering.
I've moved this to the engineering forum - students will be able to tell you more about how relevant that specific topic is
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Yes you'll cover fluid mechanics in a mechanical engineering course. Whether it's worth taking some kind of summer course for that purpose is debatable. If it's free and you have nothing else you'd rather do, by all means do so. I wouldn't recommend paying for such a course because I don't think it will make enough difference to be worth basically any amount of money (especially since you could just as well find some resources for studying that material online free otherwise and just work on that independently and still write about what you learned and how it engaged your interests in mechanical engineering). Since you don't seem to be that aware of the scope of mechanical engineering as an academic or professional discipline I'd probably suggest your time would be better spent learning about that first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
41.6%
The paper was reasonable (280)
41.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (62)
9.21%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
7.58%

Watched Threads