Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Is Warwick in clearing in 2021?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Check on their website or on the ucas course search for courses with vacancies when clearing opens.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
Check on their website or on the ucas course search for courses with vacancies when clearing opens.
Yh Ucas clearing begins tomorrow 5th of July
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yh Ucas clearing begins tomorrow 5th of July
Lots of universities will have information on their website already
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
Lots of universities will have information on their website already
Yh I looked at the complete university guide and Warwick is not on clearing at the moment which is a bit worriying.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Over 60% of Warwick's courses were in clearing last year. I wouldn't worry. Information should start appearing in the following weeks.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yh I looked at the complete university guide and Warwick is not on clearing at the moment which is a bit worriying.
Why would you look there?

There are ONLY 2 places to find out information about clearing vacancies-
The university website https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/clearing/ (have you signed up for their mailing list?)
And the ucas course search (103 courses with vacancies for English applicants at Warwick at the moment): https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...reference=None

NO other website will have better information than those 2 places.
Last edited by PQ; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
Thank you, I have already signed to the Warwick clearing vacancies.
Amp242
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
So my dd has firmed Warwick and obviously has to meet her offer. her course is on the clearing list with much lower grade requirements…. Does this mean if she misses her grades/offer but her grades are equal or higher to what they are offering clearing places at… that they are likely to accept her
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Amp242)
So my dd has firmed Warwick and obviously has to meet her offer. her course is on the clearing list with much lower grade requirements…. Does this mean if she misses her grades/offer but her grades are equal or higher to what they are offering clearing places at… that they are likely to accept her
Probably means that there'll be leniency. It means that they anticipate vacancies so will be taking on a lot of near misses.
Last edited by _gcx; 2 months ago
Amp242
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Probably means that there'll be leniency. It means that they anticipate vacancies so will be taking on a lot of near misses.
Thanks. It surprised me how low the clearing grades are tbh.. offer is A*AA (which dd should achieve) clearing grades are BBB 😱
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Hi,
I have looked on the Warwick website and have seen the courses that are in clearing. I dont intend on going through clearing but instead via adjustment and my school mentioned Warwick as I am doing Computer Science at uni this September. I am currently holding a firm offer at another uni which wants AAB and I know I can get higher than that.

I mean do I just call them up on results day to see if they will take me on or is it the courses listed on clearing that only have free spaces and this does also apply to students wanting to enter via adjustment?
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CurryCurry2468)
Hi,
I have looked on the Warwick website and have seen the courses that are in clearing. I dont intend on going through clearing but instead via adjustment and my school mentioned Warwick as I am doing Computer Science at uni this September. I am currently holding a firm offer at another uni which wants AAB and I know I can get higher than that.

I mean do I just call them up on results day to see if they will take me on or is it the courses listed on clearing that only have free spaces and this does also apply to students wanting to enter via adjustment?
Computer science isn't in clearing and I doubt it'll be in adjustment either since it usually seems in-demand. Adjustment doesn't really have vacancies that are advertised, you just need to call up and ask. Adjustment is used much less than clearing so there's not as much info around. No harm in asking.
Last edited by _gcx; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gcx)
Computer science isn't in clearing and I doubt it'll be in adjustment either since it usually seems in-demand. Adjustment doesn't really have vacancies that are advertised, you just need to call up and ask. Adjustment is used much less than clearing so there's not as much info around. No harm in asking.
Do you think Modern languages and economics BA will be in clearing?
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you think Modern languages and economics BA will be in clearing?
no idea. joint degrees are separate administrationally and you can't really guess looking at the numbers for the straight degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.56%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.28%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (28)
16.28%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.95%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (46)
26.74%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
19.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed