A-level stationary

Watch
abbie_.j
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey,
I'm going into my first year of A-level in September I'm studying English lit, sociology and criminology and I was wondering if there is and specific stationary or supplies needed I'm planing to obviously get the basics (folders,dividers etc) but is there anything I will 100% need
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
Probably not really beyond pen and paper. Anything else is really down to what you need/want to use in your studied; don't buy 10 colours of highlighters if you never use highlighters for example!
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I bought a lot of stationary but that’s simple because I love stationary shopping. But to keep it basic stick with a green and red pen as they might make you mark stuff, probably a green and pink highlighter because some schools use that to, I’d say a glue stick as passing glue sticks between like 30 kids is long, a ruler, pencil, sharpener and eraser. Oh and regular pens (black specifically)
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Don't buy 'project notebooks' with nicely coloured tabs for each subject. You'll fill up those sections at an uneven rate and run out of space very quickly.
Have ONE A4 notebook with tear-out pages, and keep a ring-file for notes/papers for each subject at home to file the notes and any other material you have/find for that subject, in topic order if possible so you can find that stuff later. This takes some organisation - you have to diligent about making sure 'all notes get filed' - and making sure they are readable.

So, buy some simple A4 spiral-bound notebooks with tear-out pages - and some 'comfortable' pens.
Buy other stuff just as you feel you need it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads