Georgia22_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
best way to revise history a level????
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Georgia22_)
I used flash cards and mind maps, and sometimes just writing out notes.
I tried to focus on paticular dates, because I really struggled to remember them.
Everyone’s different though so find what works for you
Laptop2638
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Georgia22_)
Genuinely, they use very similar questions or formats every year. So the most important thing is to learn the styles of questions they could ask, for example for witchcraft they could ask us about reasons for a decline/rise in persecutions, what triggered hunts or mention a specific theme. Your job is to find out the types of questions they cold ask and fill in every possible scenario via essay plans because even if you practice for a question and that one doesn't come up, its impossible for the other plans you made not to answer/help you answer the question.
Hope that made sense!!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Essay plans, and just doing essays. At least with history it's quite easy to write your own questions. The more you actually use the info you learn the better you'll remember it.
hamzakhusro
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I approached my A-levels by initially reading through source material, then completing a sufficient number of past papers. In order to revise for any test or the final exam, I would read through all my essays and if necessary the source material again for the topics I didn't touch on in my essays. My essays would serve as a summarized body of the most relevant information that I'd need to write in the exams. So I would go through them repetitively until I crammed all my information down. I would also underline all the main points of my essays to make re-revision even easier.
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Learning specific details. Extra reading.
Specifically, essay planning. At the end of the day there is only so much the exam board will ask you so planning essay points will really help you because for all you know an essay similar to one you've already planned could come up in the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (38)
6.51%
October 2021 (261)
44.69%
November 2021 (70)
11.99%
December 2021 (74)
12.67%
January 2021 (75)
12.84%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (47)
8.05%