The Student Room Group

A level chem and bio, do I need a laptop

Do I need a laptop or can I use my iPad ( I prefer it way more) but will I need a keyboard and like usb and all that, I don’t think so bc it’s not rlly essays? Any advice pls
Reply 1
Original post by Ghostface6001
Do I need a laptop or can I use my iPad ( I prefer it way more) but will I need a keyboard and like usb and all that, I don’t think so bc it’s not rlly essays? Any advice pls

Hi! I'm Year 13 and did chemistry and biology Alevel. I personally had a laptop which I used a lot in online lessons but I can't really think of anything you would need a laptop for specifically over an ipad, unless you are planning to take notes on your ipad, then I would consider a keyboard aswell! Just use what you are most comfortable with!!!
Original post by grabcl
Hi! I'm Year 13 and did chemistry and biology Alevel. I personally had a laptop which I used a lot in online lessons but I can't really think of anything you would need a laptop for specifically over an ipad, unless you are planning to take notes on your ipad, then I would consider a keyboard aswell! Just use what you are most comfortable with!!!

I prefer taking notes on paper, I’m saying would I need to use word or power point
you can use google docs and slides as alternatives to words and powerpoint. whilst a laptop isn't probably needed for a levels, i found it useful having a personal laptop.

Quick Reply

Latest