The Student Room Group

Finance after 1 year on degree apprentiship

Hi there,
I started a degree apprenticeship July last year but now want to leave and go to University this year. Will I be entitled to student finance?

Any advice would be really appreciated.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by teashoptotter
Hi there,
I started a degree apprenticeship July last year but now want to leave and go to University this year. Will I be entitled to student finance?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi, a level 2 apprenticeship won't affect your eligibility to be funded for a higher education course.

You can view the full eligibility criteria here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, a level 2 apprenticeship won't affect your eligibility to be funded for a higher education course.

You can view the full eligibility criteria here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks for the reply Isaac. A degree apprenticeship is not a level 2 I believe it's a level 6. Does this make a difference? I have read the information on the link but it doesn't explain it.
Thanks for the reply Isaac. A degree apprenticeship is not a level 2 I believe it's a level 6. Does this make a difference? I have read the information on the link but it doesn't explain it.

An apprenticeship is level 2. Can you provide more information about the course?

A level 6 qualification is like an honours degree.
Thanks, Isaac
An apprenticeship is level 2. Can you provide more information about the course?

A level 6 qualification is like an honours degree.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Issac, So I am just coming up to my first year as a degree apprentice. The course is a 4 year BSc Hons Digital and Technology via a large accountancy firm. Having had to work from my bedroom for the last year and now being told I will only be going to the office 2 days a week I have decided it's no longer for me.

I am trying to figure out whether or not going to University would be a viable option for me. However if I have to pay my first years tuition fees that I would probably not be able to do it.

I can't seem to find any accurate information and need to know before accepting any course.
Hi Issac, So I am just coming up to my first year as a degree apprentice. The course is a 4 year BSc Hons Digital and Technology via a large accountancy firm. Having had to work from my bedroom for the last year and now being told I will only be going to the office 2 days a week I have decided it's no longer for me.

I am trying to figure out whether or not going to University would be a viable option for me. However if I have to pay my first years tuition fees that I would probably not be able to do it.

I can't seem to find any accurate information and need to know before accepting any course.

The calculation we use to work out entitlement for full time undergraduate students is:

length of course + 1 additional year - previous study = entitlement

So your current course is a 4 year Bsc hons course, is that correct? Please can you also confirm how many years of previous study you have at higher education level (not level 2 apprenticeship).
Thanks, Isaac
The calculation we use to work out entitlement for full time undergraduate students is:

length of course + 1 additional year - previous study = entitlement

So your current course is a 4 year Bsc hons course, is that correct? Please can you also confirm how many years of previous study you have at higher education level (not level 2 apprenticeship).
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Issac,
So I completed my A levels then took a year off and worked. I started my degree apprenticeship at the end of July last year and my Uni course started in September 2020. I would be due to complete it in 2024. Obviously the degree side of the apprenticeship has only been a small part of my working week. The rest of the time I have been working remotely within a team.

Thanks for your help with this
Hi Issac,
So I completed my A levels then took a year off and worked. I started my degree apprenticeship at the end of July last year and my Uni course started in September 2020. I would be due to complete it in 2024. Obviously the degree side of the apprenticeship has only been a small part of my working week. The rest of the time I have been working remotely within a team.

Thanks for your help with this

Please can you provide me a link to this degree apprenticeship course, as you are stating it's a level 6 course but apprenticeships are level 2.

As our calculation is length of course + 1 additional year - previous study = entitlement

I need to know the length of your new course and how many years of higher education previous study you have before we can work out your entitlement.

You mention your university course started in September 2020, have you not applied for funding yet?

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending