DylanHouse7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey so I am in year 9 and I have an upcoming physics exam. What would you recommend revising for the best marks??

Thank you
dcroft07
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey, first of all good luck.
Is this an everything you've learnt test or just a chapter test. If it's an everything you've learnt test then I'll give you a list late on. If it's just a chapter test, revise everything in that chapter.

Regarding the everything test this is what I revised for my end of years in May just gone:
P1- Energy resources: Changes in energy stores, conservation of energy
P2- Energy transfer by heating: energy transfer by conduction, specific heat capacity, heating and insulating buildings
P3- Energy resources; energy demands, energy from wind and water, energy and environment, big energy issues
P6- Molecules and matter; density including required practical, states of matter, changes of state, specific latent heat, gas pressure and temperature

However my school didn't do P4 and P5 because they were very hands on based and we were in lockdown. It really depends what you feel like you struggled with during year 9. For year 10, you could as you go along write down the things you think you need to revise and then when it comes to this time you already know and it caters specifically to your needs.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads