The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dont Do It! regardless of how much it costs, Claires is nasty and unsafe.
Oh god, seriously go to a proper piercing parlor, it shouldnt be to much, few quid maybe, just dont go claires!!
Reply 3
SoundDevastation
Dont Do It! regardless of how much it costs, Claires is nasty and unsafe.

Against the piercing or Claires? I'm guessing Claires :smile:
Not too much, I think it was about 7 pounds roughly? My infos about 2 years old though :s
Reply 5
don't go there, i went for an interview and they told me i would have to pierce ears
the shocked look on my face might explain the non offer of a job...
but seriously, a 17 year old weekend staff member doing it just isn't right....
Peanut42
Against the piercing or Claires? I'm guessing Claires :smile:

Im against the fact that its not in a sterile environment, the staff arent trained, they use jewellery that is unsuitable for fresh piercings, and they use a gun which should really be banned from the high street.

Piercings are great, but for gods sake get it done by someone who knows what theyre doing!
I say go to a proper piercer. I actually had mine done at a jewellers and they are fine but proper piercers are a safer bet. And it hardly costs anything for earlobes :smile:
Do not get your ears pierced there. Go to a real tattoo/piercing place, not a cheap accessory shop. They use guns, which you shouldn't use for any piercing. Lobe is not as bad as other piercings such as cartilage (which they do with a gun too :rolleyes: ) but it still causes problems like skin tissue build up and makes your piercing more prone to infection.

Go to a proper place, earlobe piercings usually don't cost more than £10 anyway.
Reply 9
SoundDevastation
Im against the fact that its not in a sterile environment, the staff arent trained, they use jewellery that is unsuitable for fresh piercings, and they use a gun which should really be banned from the high street.

Piercings are great, but for gods sake get it done by someone who knows what theyre doing!

:yes: Good, just checking. My sister got hers done there (fool) they went all green and eventually just closed up.
I got mine done at claires :blush: in about 2000, I had to change the earring they did it with almost straight away because it reacted badly with my ears (only gold-plated) once I'd done that I was fine.

Now though, I'd just go to a proper place- will probably cost about £5 or so!
Reply 11
I'm so glad the people of TSR have got their act together, and are giving correct advice. Do not get your ears pierced at Claires, or with a gun!

You'll get the odd person coming along saying "well it looked clean, and piercing your ears doesn't make you bleed, so you can't get a disease. it was fine for me" but just ignore them, they are *********.

Piercing parlours may look scary, but they honestly aren't :smile:
Your better off doing it yourself rather than going to Claires, my first set were done there (6 years ago, didn't know better) and I got a horrific infection and was on very strong antibiotics for it. Go to a place where they don't do an evening course then get given a gun :rolleyes:
Reply 13
I have had my ear lobe and cartilage done (different times) at claire's and they were about £22 I think? It's not as bad as people make out!
Reply 14
jessburn123
I have had my ear lobe and cartalidge done (different times) at claire's and they were about £22 I think? It's not as bad as people make out!

Yeah and you might have shattered cartilage as well. Not bad for the price i guess. :rolleyes:
Reply 15
i got my 2nd hole done at claires years ago. DONT DO IT.
they dont know anything about piercings. they pierce wonky, they dont match up and its the only hole of the 3 pairs i have in my ear that went infected for a bit.
go to a proper place, it's like 10 quid and claires is expensive anyway.
i know at a proper place i got asked if i wanted any space left for 4th/5th holes, claires just did my 2nd wherever which meant my 3rd holes were slightly more difficult to do
Reply 16
becky.fm
Yeah and you might have shattered cartilage as well. Not bad for the price i guess. :rolleyes:

Really? I didn't plan it, was in claires and it was spur of the moment, few months ago.
I got mine done there years ago and nothing went wrong, but I have heard so many horror stories I wouldn't go there again.
I had the cartalidge at the top of my ear pierced at Claires about 2 years ago. I think the prices varies according to which earring you choose, I paid about £10. In hindsight going to Claires was probably not my wisest decision (I was 16 and wanted something to celebrate my GCSE results:rolleyes: ), however to be fair to Claires it was fine, it's in the correct place and I've never had any infections/problems with it (although it was pierced in the shop window where everyone walking past/all the other customers could see, which was slightly odd/off putting).
Reply 19
jessburn123
Really? I didn't plan it, was in claires and it was spur of the moment, few months ago.

It happens. Because a blunt earring is being forced through the cartilage, as opposed to a smooth needle. The trauma (temporary or permanant) caused to your ear will be horrific, even if it hasn't shown any damage.

Latest

Trending

Trending