The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by VivaLaGlam
I worked for Claire's for 4 years and I pierced for nearly all that time and have to really stand up for it ....

All studex trained and qualified, clean, nice range of earrings...

The only down side it that it is in front of a shop full of people....

I don't know what stores you have been into but it is one of the best in my opinion!

People say piercing with a gun like its a bad thing ... its better than a needle as you pierce with the earring( which is in sterile packaging) so no;

oh... and the only reason a gun would be bad on the cartilage is of it would be spring loaded and the action would be too strong...

Stop being snobs and actually think that they wouldnt be allowed to do it if it wasnt legal ... they have checks done all the time .. training is overseen by studex... the earrings have a sharp point on the back to aid the piercing .. they wouldnt pierce with a normal earring .. come on !!!

in with the needle
out with the needle
in with the earring
fiddling to put the back on

its body piercers ( they do a good job) that say the guns are bad... they are all controlled with the hand ... no springs ... no nothing except a good piecring

I think you've gone crazy from working there ¬_¬
Reply 81
I thought it was ok to get your lobes pierced with a gun? :confused: I've had mine done twice, once at a jeweller's and once at a tattoo/piercing place, both respectable, and they did it with a gun (and I didn't have any problems from either). I heard it was just cartilage they can't use a gun for...
People say piercing with a gun like its a bad thing ... its better than a needle as you pierce with the earring( which is in sterile packaging) so no;

The needles used to pierce properly come in sterile packaging.

oh... and the only reason a gun would be bad on the cartilage is of it would be spring loaded and the action would be too strong...

Almost all good piercing shops don't actually pierce cartilage with a normal lobe stud. They would use a thicker titanium barbell, which you can't put in a gun.

the earrings have a sharp point on the back to aid the piercing .. they wouldnt pierce with a normal earring .. come on !!!

The point on an earring that you put in a gun is nowhere near as sharp as a needle. You still need a lot more force to get it through your ear.

in with the needle
out with the needle
in with the earring
fiddling to put the back on

This isn't actually how they do piercings in proper piercing shops.

its body piercers ( they do a good job) that say the guns are bad... they are all controlled with the hand ... no springs ... no nothing except a good piecring

It really isn't just body piercers that think guns are unsafe, and not the right way to get a good, symmetrical piercing.
My best mate got her ears pierced there when we were 10,she had no problems. My mum on the other hand took me to the chemist to have my ears re-pierced cause she didn't trust clairs.
No it's not! I got my first there and it was perfectly fine! Got them done ages ago and they are fine! They are trained and there is never any problems! Thanks
Reply 85
How much does it cost to get my ears piericed for seconds at claires accessories in the uk please
Original post by roxy37h
How much does it cost to get my ears piericed for seconds at claires accessories in the uk please

You honestly would be better off going to a proper piercing shop. I've seen Claire's prices and they're really overpriced. A professional will do a better job and it will most likely cost less.
Reply 87
Sorry only just see your message I did end up going to Claire's accessories and I paied 30 pound fr the earrings and the after care and I have to say I wouldn't no if that was a lot or not as I don't no much about ear piercing prices but I have to say the lady that did it made me feel very relaxed and calm and made me feel happy and she was a lovely lady memo would be happy if I ever had my third eats pierced then I would defo go back to Claire's as they have done a fantastic Jon I was going to got to the market but didn't I had my first ones done in the market and then I also thought about going to blue banana but didn't but got my cartilage d e there me that was ok but I would totally recommend Claire's accessories as they have do me andantastic job and they lady that did mine was very very nice
Original post by SuicideCommando
You're jst being a snob. Claires is safe to have piercings in.

People have allergic reactions to different types of metal. The metal they use is the one most people aren't allergic to. They ALWAYS advise that if you have an allergic reaction, to take it out. The body rejects the metal, it's not the piercers fault.

The gun is fine for lobe piercings, it's everywhere else that it is not okay to use.

The studs are fine, stop being pickey.

Whilst anyone is entitled to be picky about body modification, I would argue that the poster you quoted is spot on. The earrings used are too short and the gun can't be sterilised, seems like a no brainier to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blondie 91
i am an ear piercer at claires and your wrong, every piercer gets fully trained and has full practice of piercing ears everything is fully legal and sterile. the reason the guns dont need steam cleaning to become sterile is because not any part of the gun touches your ear only the sterile cartridge which has not touched ANYTHING else

As soon as the cartridge/earrings touch the gun they are no longer sterile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my ears pierced when I was 4 which was 12 years ago and my ears couldn't be better!
I do not recommend going to Claire's I got mine done at Claire's and they were pierced in the wrong place and mine are almost in the middle of my earlobe and my cartilage and it was supposed to be on my earlobe as I clearly explained so whatever you do I don't recommend Claire's
I got my first and seconds done in claires with a gun. They were very hygienic and they took their time in making sure the piercings were even. I had no issues and all 4 of my piercings healed up completely fine.
Reply 93
look on the website and look at the ears piercing section and it will show you the different earings with the price next to them
I swear I'm the only person who got their ears pierced at the doctors
If you go on the website they have a list of prices depending on the earrings you select. I think it ranges from £15-90 :smile:
Reply 96
I know but can I bring my own earrings
Original post by SoundDevastation
Dont Do It! regardless of how much it costs, Claires is nasty and unsafe.

Phone your local Dept store - their beauty salons usually do it. MUCH safer and a much more pleasant experience!
Original post by neres555
I know but can I bring my own earrings

No. The ones they pierce the ear with are sharp ended and are made from clinical metal. You can only use your own earrings once the hole has totally healed.
Original post by Belle-x
I had the second set on my lobes done at Claires and I also had my helix done at Claires! I think my helix went a bit manky but that's how my body must have reacted, Claires were actually really good with the aftercare and everything.

Bearing in mind that I was only 9 and 10 when I got them done, if I was to get them done now I'd probably go to a proper peircing studio but there's nothing that bad about Claires at all..

Not sure about the price but shouldn't cost too much. At my local peircing studio, lobes are only £2.50 :smile:

Original post by superfical space cadet
I had mine done at claires when I was 12, because it was the only place that didn't request parental permission.
I took it out 18 months later because it still hurt when I slept on it, and only then did I notice I now have a wonky cartilage
I'm nearly 19 now and I'll always have wonky ears :s-smilie:

The fact that Claires didn't ask for parental permission and let a 10 and 12 year old have a helix piercing shows how awful they are. No decent piercing place with properly trained piercers would let children so young get that piercing.

Latest