SapphirePhoenix1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
When can I start calling unis to apply for their Clearing vacancies?
icy098
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you have ur grades
Last edited by icy098; 2 months ago
SapphirePhoenix1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by icy098)
Do you have ur grades
Nope, just predicted grades.

Guess that's a "no" then
icy098
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by SapphirePhoenix1)
Nope, just predicted grades.

Guess that's a "no" then
Yeah haha but you can always take a look but no need to stress about it for a while
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Clearing is ONLY for those who already have their results.

It opens early for those with results who want to make a late application or who are current applicants but have already received their grades and been rejected/don't have a place (ie. overseas qualifications).

Read the following TSR articles carefully -

What Happens on Results Day https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
What is Clearing - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r.../what-clearing
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by SapphirePhoenix1)
When can I start calling unis to apply for their Clearing vacancies?
As explained above you shouldn’t ring if you don’t have your results.

BUT
You can look on university websites - most will have a clearing or results page with some information. Some will have an option to sign up to a mailing list for more information.

You can also look on ucas course search for courses with vacancies. The lists will change throughout the summer but there’s no harm in doing some research and coming up with a long list of possible clearing universities that you might want to contact when you have your results.
jasontesfaye
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you have to wait until you have confirmation of your grades? I know what my result is but I don’t have the certificate yet. Will I have to wait until it arrives before calling unis?
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jasontesfaye)
Do you have to wait until you have confirmation of your grades? I know what my result is but I don’t have the certificate yet. Will I have to wait until it arrives before calling unis?
Until you have formal notification of your grades from an exam board you do not have your results - ie. a teacher telling you what grades they have assessed as is not the same thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads