The Student Room Group

Does it matter what kind of sixth form you go to?

I'm here to inquire as I want to go to university in the future, particularly in RG unis, but , dummy me, I didn't apply for my local grammar school. But, I did apply for a non selective, state school; it has an oxbridge program, rated good by Ofsted, averages AAB. Also a UTC, which i dont really know about its validity . And for private schools, my family can't afford that
Reply 1
if your goal is RG you should be fine at just about any sixth form , assuming of course you try your best
your grades and what you make of your time is way more important than what sixth form you go to
Reply 3
Original post by SubhanF
if your goal is RG you should be fine at just about any sixth form , assuming of course you try your best

Sheesh, I will.

Diverting off the topic, do you recommend studying a level content within the year 11 transition to year 12, I'm contemplating. I'm soon going to study a level maths, but did you do it personally. And by study I mean understanding the content
The sixth form you go to makes no difference whatsoever.

Original post by mgcgian047
Sheesh, I will.

Diverting off the topic, do you recommend studying a level content within the year 11 transition to year 12, I'm contemplating. I'm soon going to study a level maths, but did you do it personally. And by study I mean understanding the content

There’s absolutely no point. I used my summer to revise year 11 content and it was a complete waste of time. They teach everything from scratch, so you’re better off just taking the time to relax.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending