Hasan0909
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey guys, i've received offers to study Law at Coventry University and Aston University. Wondering which uni would be the best to go to. I live in Birmingham and plan to commute, not going to move out of home. Thanks for the answers in advance.
Dekiee654
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Aston uni is better in my opinion, plus you don't want to be commuting to Coventry all the time.
Hasan0909
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Dekiee654)
Aston uni is better in my opinion, plus you don't want to be commuting to Coventry all the time.
yeah, i've been thinking this also.
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Hasan0909)
Hey guys, i've received offers to study Law at Coventry University and Aston University. Wondering which uni would be the best to go to. I live in Birmingham and plan to commute, not going to move out of home. Thanks for the answers in advance.
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offers! Those are both great schools and I hope you pick the best one for you. Here's some information that might help you make an informed decision.

The law degree at Aston University’s Law School has been designed with modern legal practice in mind, including real-world examples and practical opportunities, as there is a focus on the business of law, the future of law, and the law of business. The qualifying law degree will prepare you for the legal profession but also develop transferable skills to suit roles that require legal knowledge within business.

The degree is recognized by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) as satisfying the academic stage of legal training for solicitors. It also meets the requirements of the Bar Standards Board (BSB) for the academic component of training for barristers. As an Aston LLB graduate, you can therefore proceed directly to the Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course.

Staying at home, provided the conditions are conducive for studying, is a very wise and financially sound decision. Going to uni in the city you live in is even more cost-effective. You're less reliant on trains and inconsistent travel means and are able to stay in the library till late or socialize with university friends. You will also be familiar with the environment which will help you acclimatize to university life easier.

Hope this has helped.

*Ethel
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Aston
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (320)
56.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (78)
13.88%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (63)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (51)
9.07%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
4.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
3.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise