The Student Room Group

Geography NEA title help

Hey, I am in year 12 and I study Drama, Psychology and Geography and we were told to start thinking about a Geography NEA today (with AQA), I know we are doing the fieldwork in Swanage and Bournemouth and I would like to do human geography but I am open to any other suggestionsTIA :smile:
Original post by elaanorr
Hey, I am in year 12 and I study Drama, Psychology and Geography and we were told to start thinking about a Geography NEA today (with AQA), I know we are doing the fieldwork in Swanage and Bournemouth and I would like to do human geography but I am open to any other suggestionsTIA :smile:

I don’t know how open your college are about freedom in the NEA, but here’s some things I can think of!
Human:
•how does noise pollution impact quality of life? (You would record decibels with a standardised measurement every mile or so and then do questionnaires etc)
•How does tourism impact ___ ? (Lots of secondary data and questionnaires)
•how does place perception influence quality of life?
•Do the media/arts influence place perception? (You should choose one example in the UK (songs could be Baker Street, the whole ‘Abbey road’ album by the Beatles) and somewhere abroad to compare it too eg how is Mumbai portrayed in ‘slumdog millionaire’) and you would do secondary data, questionnaires etc

Physical
•How much influence do beach management schemes have on ___ beach?
•how to sediment characteristics vary along swanage bay? (Is this to do with geology)
•How does development/ tourism influence coastal landscapes (this one is a hybrid of human and physical)

Sorry this is so long but I hope it helps with some brainstorming:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lena_2403
I don’t know how open your college are about freedom in the NEA, but here’s some things I can think of!
Human:
•how does noise pollution impact quality of life? (You would record decibels with a standardised measurement every mile or so and then do questionnaires etc)
•Do the media/arts influence place perception? (You should choose one example in the UK (songs could be Baker Street, the whole ‘Abbey road’ album by the Beatles) and somewhere abroad to compare it too eg how is Mumbai portrayed in ‘slumdog millionaire’) and you would do secondary data, questionnaires etc

Physical
•how to sediment characteristics vary along swanage bay? (Is this to do with geology)
•How does development/ tourism influence coastal landscapes (this one is a hybrid of human and physical)

thank you so much, this really helped. I'll add some of these ideas to my list!!
Original post by elaanorr
thank you so much, this really helped. I'll add some of these ideas to my list!!

You’re welcome! If you need any help with the NEA I’m open to any questions :smile:
Reply 4
You’re welcome! If you need any help with the NEA I’m open to any questions :smile:

Hey i’m currently doing my geography NEA and my teacher isn’t really helping me.
I want to do something on insider and outsider perspectives and how this possibly influences how residents are likely to represent/ perceive a place.
I don’t really know how to word it or the sub questions i could use.
Any advice would be really helpful!
Reply 5
Original post by lou88811
Hey i’m currently doing my geography NEA and my teacher isn’t really helping me.
I want to do something on insider and outsider perspectives and how this possibly influences how residents are likely to represent/ perceive a place.
I don’t really know how to word it or the sub questions i could use.
Any advice would be really helpful!

this might be very backwards but about sub questions, i didnt come up with any till after i'd written most of my NEA because i knew i'd already answered them.
for your question you could do something along the lines of 'to what extent does insider/outsider perspectives influence *location*'
Reply 6
Human:

Physical

AHHH thankyou so much these are great ideas!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending