uses and gratifications

Watch this thread
kels1106
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
how do you apply the uses and gratification theory to video games like fortnite?
simxne_
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
I don't know if you still need it, but I found this:
(The parts that aren't in bold are not my ideas, but I hope it's kind of helpful to start with?)

Information - learning about the world, satisfying our curiosity and seeking advice
People may play because they want to learn about how to construct buildings and other structures.

Personal identity - finding people who share our values, identifying with others and understanding ourselves
A person may play because they class themselves as a gamer.

Integration and social interaction - finding a basis for conversation, 'fitting in' with others and connecting with society
When a person plays the game, the online chat function allows them to communicate with different people around the world.

Entertainment - escaping from our problems, relaxing, filling time and enjoying ourselves
The immersive gameplay allows a player to escape the difficulties of everyday life and have fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.83%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.73%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.11%

Watched Threads