The Student Room Group

Dermatology referral useless

I just need a bit of a rant about the NHS Dermatology services.

Basically I spent months trying to get a referral accepted. Eventually it did and I had an appointment with the dermatologist at a clinic a few weeks ago. All went well, he said I needed a course of Roaccutane but would need blood tests doing first and I'll get the forms/appointment through in the post within two weeks. Two weeks passed.....haven't heard a thing.

Rang my GP, it's nothing to do with them. Rang the number on the Dermatology business card, no answer. Rang the clinic where I had the appointment but they refused to take my details as I wasn't on the list as being someone they needed to speak to today and I should just wait for the post. Rang the phlebotomy service at my local hospital to be told the dermatologist never even sent a request for blood tests anywhere so I wouldn't be receiving anything in the post. Was then given the same phone number for dermatology that I tried earlier that doesn't work, and when I explained that to them....I got told that's the only number there is so if it doesn't work then sorry.

What am I meant to do?! Argh this is driving me mental. I have the letter inviting me to my first Dermatology appointment but that's the only proof I have because from what the Phlebotomist was saying, t sounds like the Dermatologist didn't put any notes on my file?!! And now the Dermatologist is refusing to speak to me?!

Quick Reply

Latest