video analytics software & first job advice?

Watch
bwiseman93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I just joined a company and they're about to open a new flagship store later this autumn. My team is planning to put up cameras to check people's reactions so I wanted to come and ask if any of you know a thing or two about video analytics software? We're hoping that it's able to filter people by certain conditions like gender or if they're holding a shopping bag from our competitors. We're also thinking of using IVA to check if other employees are following instructions and helping our customers. I did do some research but I just wanted to ask for some advice first to speed up the process. Speaking of advice, I would love to know if there's any tips or things I need to know since this is my first job. Any help is appreciated!!
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Strange question to ask on a student forum. But maybe you should read into the technology that Amazon uses for its physical stores. I would also be wary of doing something like this without first informing your customers.
Last edited by 0le; 2 months ago
briansmith12a
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think your questions requires more professional advice so maybe try asking it on a tech forum or something. But regarding the whole method you mentioned, I previously worked at Uniqlo and I believe we also did that to check on shoppers and employees. From what I know, some of the stores work with ALSOK and SkyREC, maybe you could start from there. On the other hand, I can't give any specific job advice but I think paying attention to detail and spending time observing your work environment and clients you encounter is pretty important.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads