The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official Cambridge Postgraduate Applicants 2022 Thread

Scroll to see replies

just out of curiosity - does the PAO always send out offers and rejections at the same time? I've seen some rejections for the course that I applied, but no offers yet. Is this just my sampling bias or do they just send out different types of letters at different time?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for this. Do you know whether submitting very close to the deadline will disadvantage an applicant? Do you think all applicants who apply by that deadline will be given equal attention? I'd appreciate any insight.

Speaking as an MPhil candidate last year who submitted the day before the deadline, my subject made it explicitly clear that it wouldn’t be a problem. Maybe it’s different if a course explicitly states that it assesses on a rolling basis, but if selections are based around one of the two funding deadlines then they will be assessed as a cohort whether you submitted in November or January.
Thanks for this. Do you know whether submitting very close to the deadline will disadvantage an applicant? Do you think all applicants who apply by that deadline will be given equal attention? I'd appreciate any insight.

Yes, if you get in by the deadline you will be equally considered.
just out of curiosity - does the PAO always send out offers and rejections at the same time? I've seen some rejections for the course that I applied, but no offers yet. Is this just my sampling bias or do they just send out different types of letters at different time?

No, it's not done in batches at all. Just whenever you are processed by PAO.
Original post by Kota Dagnino
I finished my interview for the MASt in physics. Went pretty well but I did trip up on one question in particular. The interviewer (course director) then informally told me that I would be offered a place to study (conditional on a first)!

Hey! Congrats! I’m also applied on this course… very nervous
Are you in History too then? I'm in the same boat, and other people haven't done too well either afaik. I'm trying not to worry too much.

I am in humanities but not history
Has anyone applying for MPhil Management heard anything back yet? The website mentions January for the first round of offers

I had an interview today for the MPhil in SMO, but they didn't say when I'd be hearing back. Haven't seen other people apply to Judge on this thread
Thanks for the response. To be clear I don’t care as long as Cambridge don’t. But in the event that I get an offer and make it, is it possible they’ll notice a mismatch between my application transcript and my final transcript and say, oh well you didn’t do the modules you said you would?

There doesn’t seem to be any way I could tell them anyway so I’m guessing it just doesn’t matter as long as you meet your offer condition.

Offer condition typically states the type of degree you have to graduate with and the minimum score you have to achieve (cumulatively and/or in your final year). Honestly doubt they scrutinise at the modular level. Anyhow, your previous transcripts are indicative. As long you graduate with the same type of degree, i doubt it matters.

Id still encourage you to write to the course admin once you receive your conditional offer to get a piece of mind
Peace of mind*
Original post by mykz91
I'm also waiting. What's your status in the applicant portal?

Hi glad to see someone who's also applied to gender! My status is still on departmental review sadly. How about you?
Applied to that course and under the review by the department as well. I have read about a few acceptances, but nothing about rejections yet... have you?

I only saw one rejection until now.....
That person submitted the application in early December and got rejection in Jan
Would it be reasonable to enquire about my application once the 12 week window has passed? I applied 17th Nov and moved to department review 18th Nov. The course doesn't hold interviews but it did say rolling basis after funding deadline (6th Jan).

I had to move out of London & into my sister's place a few months back but now I have no idea where to move to and I feel like I'm limbo because if I do get in I wouldn't be able to sign a 12 month lease anywhere. Incredibly stressed.
Original post by ribjinns
Would it be reasonable to enquire about my application once the 12 week window has passed? I applied 17th Nov and moved to department review 18th Nov. The course doesn't hold interviews but it did say rolling basis after funding deadline (6th Jan).

I had to move out of London & into my sister's place a few months back but now I have no idea where to move to and I feel like I'm limbo because if I do get in I wouldn't be able to sign a 12 month lease anywhere. Incredibly stressed.

I suggest you send a polite email to the course admin asking for an update.
Original post by Wired_1800
I suggest you send a polite email to the course admin asking for an update.

Thanks for confirming! I know they're going to be absolutely swamped but I can't put life on hold too much longer...
Any update from MPHIL Population Health Sciences?
Original post by ProfRx
Any update from MPHIL Population Health Sciences?

I was switched to PAO on the 8th of December and haven't heard anything back since.

I'm not sure if this is normal, because I have seen a lot of people switch to PAO after me, and gain results before me!
I was switched to PAO on the 8th of December and haven't heard anything back since.

I'm not sure if this is normal, because I have seen a lot of people switch to PAO after me, and gain results before me!

Oh wow! Any interview conducted? When did you submit?
Original post by ProfRx
Oh wow! Any interview conducted? When did you submit?

Yep, there was an interview, and I submitted late October. It took around 2 weeks to get an interview, and another 2 weeks to change the PAO status as far as I remember. But I have been stuck there since.
Any updates on the AHRC interviews from English applicants yet? Interviews are supposed to start tomorrow….
Edit: duplicate post. My bad.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending