The Student Room Group

Can I change how my maintenance loan is split?

I have recently received my accommodation fee schedule. However, my first portion of rent is much higher than my first maintenance loan payment.

My overall maintenance loan will cover the yearly cost of my rent, but the way it is split means that I can't pay the first instalment.

If I call student finance, do you think I will be able to adjust the percentages of each payment?
No - it is fixed
Reply 2
You can't change the loan split, but you could try contacting your accommodation - if it's student accommodation they're likely used to this, and may be able to offer a different payment plan (for example my uni offered one bulk sum, termly or monthly options).
Reply 3
Original post by Interea
You can't change the loan split, but you could try contacting your accommodation - if it's student accommodation they're likely used to this, and may be able to offer a different payment plan (for example my uni offered one bulk sum, termly or monthly options).

Thank you, honestly this is all just super stressful, it's like an extra 700 quid that i simply do not have

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending