kashm0neyyy
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hey guys! I made this discussion for people who want to apply for pharmacy for 2022 entry.

I am not sure which unis to choose so far I’m thinking
ucl,kings,nottingham,bath,bristol

Feel free to share any useful advice please
kashm0neyyy
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
also please can someone tell me if I can get into pharmacy without biology a level?
kashm0neyyy
Rep:
my mock grades are bbc in chemistry, maths and psychology but I am not sure what my predicted grades are

update: I got predicted AAB
Last edited by kashm0neyyy; 4 months ago
Adam_9081
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Apart from an interview are there any additional tests needed to be passed before getting a place in the uni?
kashm0neyyy
Rep:
No I think it’s just an interview and some unis don’t even require an interview
Adam_9081
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by kashm0neyyy)
No I think it’s just an interview and some unis don’t even require an interview
Thanks mate, spoke to a few others they said the same. Just didnt want to turn up unprepared lol
kashm0neyyy
Rep:
(Original post by Adam_9081)
Thanks mate, spoke to a few others they said the same. Just didnt want to turn up unprepared lol
yeah I get you. Are you intending to start in 2022?
Adam_9081
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Yes i am just getting my ucas thing sorted out. Are you definitly sure theres no interview or test for ljmu mpharm, because if there is i want to start preparation early so i dont panic last minute.
kashm0neyyy
Rep:
(Original post by Adam_9081)
Yes i am just getting my ucas thing sorted out. Are you definitly sure theres no interview or test for ljmu mpharm, because if there is i want to start preparation early so i dont panic last minute.
There are interviews for most unis but no tests. You can practice interview questions just search pharmacy interview questions online
Adam_9081
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
There are interviews for most unis but no tests. You can practice interview questions just search pharmacy interview questions online
Just spoke to ljmu and they said there additional tests before you get your place but they have not gone into detail
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Fro what I've read on here, some universities do do interviews, and ask why pharmacy?, why uni of X?, and I think some do some basics tests, like to check your maths, but nothing difficult.
With Covid-19, I think many were doing zoom interviews. It is probably more likely the Russell Group universities that will want to interview you from what I've read on here.

Best to scroll through the 2021 applicants thread to see what they all say.
earbud88
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Does anyone know what specific questions the unis can ask? The only ones I have in mind are just why pharmacy and questions asking about skills.
Student5cience
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Introduce yourselves.
-what alevels are you studying?
-how much work experience have you done?
-predicted grades and GCSEs achieved?
- where are you looking at applying?
Please give me a rep of this thread was helpful 😊
Last edited by Student5cience; 2 months ago
Student5cience
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Also do any current studying pharmacists have any advice to give ? And how smart do you have to be to study pharmacy
Student5cience
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hey guys how’s the preparation going ?!
Student5cience
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
StrawberryDreams
Student5cience
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
StrawberryDreams
Student5cience
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hannah4b6 this is the pharmacy forum
Hannah4b6
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Student5cience)
Hannah4b6 this is the pharmacy forum
Thank you so much!
I’m studying A-Level biology, chemistry and religious studies. I’ve had work experience in a local nursery for a week and two weeks work experience in a pharmacy (which they then offered me a part-time job).
My predicted grades are ABB which I don’t think I really good for pharmacy :-/
In my GCSEs I achieved all 8s and 9s with the exception of one grade 7.
I’m considering applying to Nottingham, UCL, Birmingham and Manchester.
alwaysstruggling
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Student5cience)
Introduce yourselves.
-what alevels are you studying?
-how much work experience have you done?
-predicted grades and GCSEs achieved?
- where are you looking at applying?
hi I'm doing Biology, Chemistry & Maths. My predicted grades weren't good I got BBB but I think I can get AAA in my A levels. Do you think it's a waste of a time if I apply to UCL, KINGS COLLEGE, and BIRMINGHAM? btw the only work experience I have is volunteering at a hospital and I'm trying to get work in a pharmacy but I'm really struggling so if anyone knows any please let me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (1)
5.56%
Okay (5)
27.78%
A bit lacking (6)
33.33%
Not good at all (6)
33.33%

Watched Threads