The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tecna
I got AAAA*
I rejected my place for mpharm
I'm on a gap year
Both unis r good, jus apply to both for now n then u willl have plenty of time to decide...I dont really know much about these 2 though I suggest try chat to ppl who r already doing the course n see which one u like
With manchetser the entry requirments r aab or abb but ik a lot of ppl who got in with BBB
Most unis give contextual offers as well so see if ur eligible for those

Congrats on your results that’s amazing! I’m looking at Newcastle too which offers BBC with completion of a summer school in Y13, will just have to see where I’m at when I need to choose insurance and firm
Hi, I’m a dental applicant and for my 5th option I’m planning to apply to pharmacy at KCL. My predicted grades are A*AA and although my personal statement focuses on dentistry I did do some work experience at a pharmacy and wrote about it and the skills I got. Is it too risky to apply for KCL as I need to get an offer from my 5th choice?
Original post by chibichibi_xx
Hey there! I'm currently a second year (gosh I feel so old haha) student doing pharmacy at Nottingham. If there are any questions you, or others, may have, feel free to ask me and I will give you 100% honest brutal answers! Take care, and GOOD LUCK!

hii i wanted to ask about your personal experience of how you find notts, and was there a specific personal statement structure you followed? because am struggling to write my intro as i had no particular spark moment
Original post by Neuroshmuck
Best thing to do is, contact them and ask! If it helps though I am also a dental applicant and chose Pharm at Manny for my 5th. I allowed KCL as that is my top dentistry choice and didn't want any clashes.

Thanks for the advice! And I also apply for dentistry at KCL. Best of luck in your application
Original post by userz123
hii i wanted to ask about your personal experience of how you find notts, and was there a specific personal statement structure you followed? because am struggling to write my intro as i had no particular spark moment

I wrote mine as a sort of story at the beginning, a-levels and EPQ, volunteering and work experience, extracurricular, conclusion. My personal statement was for medicine so I didn't include any work experience for pharmacy, but if it was for pharmacy I'd obviously include my pharmacy work experience.

I'm enjoying it so far, other than the fact that we're still mostly online. They've tried to increase the number of in person classes, however it does still feel pretty similar to last year. We were able to speak to an actual patient in our professional practice class this week (he wouldn't talk about his own condition but the prescriptions we had prepared for so he was a sort of actor, it was more so that we could practice speaking to a patient compared to a pharmacist pretending to be one which feels much more different). We've been told that next semester there will be more in person classes so hopefully we'll be online less. The workload is quite a bit, and they don't ease you into second year much other than one simulated placement before teaching starts, I had a doctor told me that the amount we learn is huge and that's big considering it's come from someone who's gone through medical school.
@ashvinsingh The pharmacy applicants thread.
Original post by Student5cience
@ashvinsingh The pharmacy applicants thread.

Thanks, did I post in the wrong thread by accident?
No @ashvinsingh I saw your thread and thought it would be nice for you to know about this one. Want to introduce yourself ?
could someone who has done a bit more research list all the unis which do not require an interview for pharmacy?
Original post by Student5cience
No @ashvinsingh I saw your thread and thought it would be nice for you to know about this one. Want to introduce yourself ?

Oh thanks, sure thing, hey I’m studying maths chemistry and biology got ABB in Y12 mocks, unsure of predicted grades, wanting to do pharmacy at Birmingham, Nottingham, Newcastle or Manchester, work experience is virtual for medicine, 1 week in medical device company, hopefully getting some shadowing in community pharmacy soon. Feel free to introduce yourselves or ask me any questions guys 😊 I’m still unsure of which uni I want to firm so let me know your opinions!
Original post by ashvinsingh
Oh thanks, sure thing, hey I’m studying maths chemistry and biology got ABB in Y12 mocks, unsure of predicted grades, wanting to do pharmacy at Birmingham, Nottingham, Newcastle or Manchester, work experience is virtual for medicine, 1 week in medical device company, hopefully getting some shadowing in community pharmacy soon. Feel free to introduce yourselves or ask me any questions guys 😊 I’m still unsure of which uni I want to firm so let me know your opinions!

Hey, I’ll be applying to those too! My predicted grades are AAAA and A* in BAC. I got 4A’s in AS and I’m studying maths, biology, chemistry and psychology. I’ll be applying really soon. Feel free to message me if you need help
guys will pharmacy schools accept me with a medicine personal statement? (I'm thinking to keep pharmacy as my fifth choice in case I miss AAA grades)
Original post by medprincess
guys will pharmacy schools accept me with a medicine personal statement? (I'm thinking to keep pharmacy as my fifth choice in case I miss AAA grades)

Some universities do but some don’t. Manchester don’t because it says on their pharmacy page
Original post by medprincess

I got into Nottingham with a medicine personal statement, although I got rejected by them for medicine and offered pharmacy (which was subject to another interview) instead.
Original post by Studentlife007
Hey, I’ll be applying to those too! My predicted grades are AAAA and A* in BAC. I got 4A’s in AS and I’m studying maths, biology, chemistry and psychology. I’ll be applying really soon. Feel free to message me if you need help

Sure thing let me know when offers come through, I’ll probably be applying in just under a months time
Sure thing let me know when offers come through, I’ll probably be applying in just under a months time

Ye ofc. I will be applying tomorrow if everything goes to plan. It’s so scary!😂

Original post by Studentlife007

Sounds good I’m thinking of either Nottingham or Manchester as my firm as my friends love it there ! I think your predictions will be AAA
Oh that’s really cool I’m thinking maybe the same, I’ll be able to ask to get predicted AAA, both Manchester and Nottingham should offer me ABB hopefully (contextual offer with Nottingham), just want to get my offers back ASAP haha
which universities don't interview for pharmacy?
@medprincess aston and Birmingham interview I think apart from that other unis don’t unless they are a Russel group

Latest

Trending

Trending