dreyer71
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys, I currently hold an offer for Exeter in Msc Finance and Investment, as well as an offer for Southampton for Msc Finance, and one for Msc finance from Lancaster.

Which programme has better job prospects? Because that is my main deciding factor.

Also does the 'MSc Finance' course carry more prestige than 'MSc Finance and Investment'? I mean in general, not at these specific unis. I just didn't understand the difference. Are they both "Master of finance" masters, or is Msc Finance and investment not classified as a "Master of finance"

thanks again.
Last edited by dreyer71; 2 months ago
snivarti
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi dreyer71,

Congratulations on your offer. Finance is a great subject to do your masters in. In my opinion, Lancaster should be the best choice as its Lancaster University Management School is one of the best business schools in the world and is in the top 100. I've attended a few of their sessions as I'm an offer holder as well for Msc. International Business and Strategy. It seems to be a very promising school and I've also heard they have an amazing career service wing. Southampton is a also a good university but I do not know much about it's business school so I can not help you with it. Exeter on the other hand is a good university as well but if you have to choose between Exeter and Lancaster, the latter is a better choice. This, however, is just my opinion so do know your facts when choosing the university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.9%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.03%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.93%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (29)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.72%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.03%

Watched Threads