The Student Room Group

How do I tell him I don't wanna go away with him anymore?

I've finally realised the guy I am seeing/sleeping with is very disrespectful and I wanna break things off on the best way possible!

Some examples of the disrespect:
1. Answering his phone when I was having sex with him... And I was on top.
2. Coming to my house at 9pm, having sex, having food and falling asleep at 11pm
3. Pointing out perceived bad points of me... A spot/dry skin etc
4. Saying stuff like "gotta go and speak to my Tinder girls" as a "joke"
5. Joking that other women we work with might want a threesome with us
6. Insinuating he is sleeping with other people, but when I outright ask if he is, he denies it.
7. Hot/cold behavior. Sometimes saying stuff like he will say stuff like I can't believe your exes were horrible to you, and I will snap you up off the market before anyone else does, and then a week later just COMPLETELY uninterested, going on his phone when I'm talking or whatever.
8. Inconsistent behavior... One week calling me gorgeous, bae, babe etc and sending me paragraphs of affectionate stuff within like 20 minutes of a reply from me, and then the next week sending me one liners that take about 8 hours to reply to my text

Just that really.

Only thing is he's booked and paid for us both to go on holiday this weekend. I really don't want to ... Obviously I have to see him in work and would want the least awkward way to do it.

Any ideas?
Something something something immature.
Something something something you deserve better.
Original post by Anonymous

1. Answering his phone when I was having sex with him... And I was on top.

If it was an important call, not disrespectful.

2. Coming to my house at 9pm, having sex, having food and falling asleep at 11pm

I wouldn’t class this as disrespectful.

3. Pointing out perceived bad points of me... A spot/dry skin etc

If he says it voluntarily then not disrespectful, it’s being honest.

4. Saying stuff like "gotta go and speak to my Tinder girls" as a "joke"

ok

5. Joking that other women we work with might want a threesome with us

ok

6. Insinuating he is sleeping with other people, but when I outright ask if he is, he denies it.

I think he might be into polyamory with the whole threesome, and this. Ask him.

7. Hot/cold behavior. Sometimes saying stuff like he will say stuff like I can't believe your exes were horrible to you, and I will snap you up off the market before anyone else does, and then a week later just COMPLETELY uninterested, going on his phone when I'm talking or whatever.

ok

8. Inconsistent behavior... One week calling me gorgeous, bae, babe etc and sending me paragraphs of affectionate stuff within like 20 minutes of a reply from me, and then the next week sending me one liners that take about 8 hours to reply to my text

Might be busy, have you asked what he had been up to?

Only thing is he's booked and paid for us both to go on holiday this weekend. I really don't want to ... Obviously I have to see him in work and would want the least awkward way to do it.

I think that you should be open to him and tell him you don’t feel like you want to spend time with him on this holiday. Explain honestly why you don’t want to, and how “disrespectful” (although some of the things you stated could have been sorted out) he’s been. Talk to him about all what you’ve said here. It’s better to do it than be on holiday and potentially ruin the vibe for him, and it will also be a major waste of money.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply