Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I haven't yet registered for the Cripps Health Centre, as I missed the reg days during Freshers Week due to doing other things - I have had a bad chesty cough for just under 6 weeks with no other symptoms (of a cold for example) and was considering signing up so I could go and get it checked out.

Is it all free for me to use, or is there a cost involved? I've had a look at the website and I think it is but I just need to check, also would antibiotic/medicine prescriptions be free if they were prescribed?

Sorry if these are daft questions!

Cheers

Chris

ReputationRep:
    It's just like a normal GPs' surgery, except that registration is restricted to students and staff and their families. So yes, it's free, but unless you've filled out an exemption form, you'd have to pay the standard rate for any prescription (about £6 or £8 iirc).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, to be honest I have very rare dealings with my GP/doctor at home because I am pretty much never ill, and have only really been in for my jabs when I was younger - I'm not really familiar with the usual process or prescriptions etc - I'll drop my registration docs off and ask them personally tomorrow, having found some information on coughs on their website I might give it a couple more weeks before I book an appointment
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If you've had a persistent cough for 6 weeks I'd suggest you book an appointment, at least to give you the ok.
    It happened to me last year, they wouldn't treat me and it turned out to be a chest infection, and I was off uni for about 6 weeks, missed most of first term which was bad.

ReputationRep:
    Think prescriptions are £7.10 atm!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 20, 2008
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.