The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Clearing and Adjustment 2021

Posting to subscribe :bl:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hey! I’m planning for clearing for next week and I’m very interested in Leeds. However they haven’t posted a list of subjects, nor provided a clearing number I can call. I really want to get a head start however, do you reckon I should email or call admissions or the department of the subject interested in or will I just be told to wait until next Tuesday?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by justjas33
Hey! I’m planning for clearing for next week and I’m very interested in Leeds. However they haven’t posted a list of subjects, nor provided a clearing number I can call. I really want to get a head start however, do you reckon I should email or call admissions or the department of the subject interested in or will I just be told to wait until next Tuesday?

Vacancies due to be released 5th July:
https://www.leeds.ac.uk/clearing/courses

It's really odd that they don't have a phone number available. Especially because they have a website article suggesting applicants should have a list of phone numbers ready in advance: https://www.leeds.ac.uk/clearing-and-confirmation/doc/preparing-for-results
Little bit hypocritical if you ask me.
I would @ them on social media and ask why they aren't following their own advice to be honest - you won't be the only one in that position.
Original post by 04MR17

It's really odd that they don't have a phone number available. Especially because they have a website article suggesting applicants should have a list of phone numbers ready in advance: https://www.leeds.ac.uk/clearing-and-confirmation/doc/preparing-for-results
I would @ them on social media and ask why they aren't following their own advice to be honest - you won't be the only one in that position.

When you click on the link it says vacancies aren’t available until results day which is a shame.

Exactly! All other unis who are open for clearing have a number up to call. I might DM them on Twitter and see, I’m desperate to get a head start on it all so it’s not so stressful if I do end up going through clearing.
Original post by justjas33
When you click on the link it says vacancies aren’t available until results day which is a shame.

Exactly! All other unis who are open for clearing have a number up to call. I might DM them on Twitter and see, I’m desperate to get a head start on it all so it’s not so stressful if I do end up going through clearing.

They've edited that since I posted it. :mad:

I would go public on social media - you'll get a faster response.
Original post by 04MR17

Original post by 04MR17
They've edited that since I posted it. :mad:

I would go public on social media - you'll get a faster response.

They said numbers aren’t up until results day itself - until then I just have to register in advance which I’ve done. It’s a shame as I’d just prefer to talk to someone (esp as Leeds is my no.1 clearing choice).

Thank you tho :smile: Prepping so much for clearing has been so odd considering I might not even need it lmao.
hi, how do you register ?
All uni’s now in embargo period that started midday Friday and ends 0830hrs Tuesday.
I checked at the start of augest in ucas clearing search bar, and it said Uni of Leeds had things in clearing now they’ve all been took off
Reply 11
Yeah it says there are no clearing spaces for any vacancies which is strange as I saw there were many courses in clearing at the start of august. This is upsetting as I was so set on leeds through clearing oh well
Reply 12
I emailed one of the departments a few days ago, they said they had vacancies and now I'm seeing otherwise. I think I'll still call them tomorrow morning. Praying for a miracle. Anyone else still going to call them?
Reply 13
Original post by Jadaply
I emailed one of the departments a few days ago, they said they had vacancies and now I'm seeing otherwise. I think I'll still call them tomorrow morning. Praying for a miracle. Anyone else still going to call them?

yes im gonna call them too good luck bro
Have a look on the complete university guide website league table. All those uni’s with clearing courses are highlighted, click on and browse. Looks like most if not all Russell group universities have closed their websites during embargo as they process a few results😊
Other universities have today said they will have no clearing vacancies this year having had a number over recent days. The only thing that seems to change is the A level results so it could be the A level grades are again high this year and large number of applicants have been successful.
I suppose all will become clear tomorrow.
Can’t change anything so let’s hope everyone gets a decent sleep and wakes to good news on track 👍😊
Original post by Anonymous
Other universities have today said they will have no clearing vacancies this year having had a number over recent days. The only thing that seems to change is the A level results so it could be the A level grades are again high this year and large number of applicants have been successful.
I suppose all will become clear tomorrow.
Can’t change anything so let’s hope everyone gets a decent sleep and wakes to good news on track 👍😊

Agreeing with all of this. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest