The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Clearing and Adjustment 2021

This is a thread to discuss Manchester Metropolitan University for Clearing 2021.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Find other Clearing discussions here on TSR >>

Find all the information you need about Clearing here >>

Good luck with everything!
Posting to subscribe :bl:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Would I need to go through clearing to change from the BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science course to the MSc Biomedical Science course or do you think I could be offered it via results day? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Would I need to go through clearing to change from the BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science course to the MSc Biomedical Science course or do you think I could be offered it via results day? Thanks

Hi!

Do you want to change to the integrated Masters ''M Biomed Sci(Hons) Biomedical Science''?

If so, you do not need to wait until results day, if you already have an offer with us you can request to change the course on your application, you will need to email the Science and Engineering admissions: [email protected]

Your email needs to be sent from the email address that you have stated on your UCAS account. You might wish to attach a new personal statement if the original is no longer relevant. Please include the following information in your email:

Full Name UCAS ID MMU ID (can be found on the offer letter)
Date of birth
Full Name of the course that you were accepted on
Full Name of the course that you want to change to

If you are holding an offer for the original course you have applied to, this offer will remain in place until you receive a decision on the course you wish to change your application to.

Please note, change of course requests are not guaranteed and the entry requirements are slightly higher for M Biomed Sci(Hons) Biomedical Science.

I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi!

Do you want to change to the integrated Masters ''M Biomed Sci(Hons) Biomedical Science''?

If so, you do not need to wait until results day, if you already have an offer with us you can request to change the course on your application, you will need to email the Science and Engineering admissions: [email protected]

Your email needs to be sent from the email address that you have stated on your UCAS account. You might wish to attach a new personal statement if the original is no longer relevant. Please include the following information in your email:

Full Name UCAS ID MMU ID (can be found on the offer letter)
Date of birth
Full Name of the course that you were accepted on
Full Name of the course that you want to change to

If you are holding an offer for the original course you have applied to, this offer will remain in place until you receive a decision on the course you wish to change your application to.

Please note, change of course requests are not guaranteed and the entry requirements are slightly higher for M Biomed Sci(Hons) Biomedical Science.

I hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much that is really helpful. Can you tell me why the accreditations between the two courses is so different, the BSC shows three accreditations - Royal society of Biology, HCPC and IBMS and the MSC degree shows only IBMS? I assumed they were the same course but for the fourth year? Thanks you.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much that is really helpful. Can you tell me why the accreditations between the two courses is so different, the BSC shows three accreditations - Royal society of Biology, HCPC and IBMS and the MSC degree shows only IBMS? I assumed they were the same course but for the fourth year? Thanks you.

Hi @Anonymous#1

The website is unclear but the M Biomed Sci course also has the HCPC and IBMS accreditation, as the first three years of the degree are identical to the three year BSc (Hons) degree.

I hope this clears things up! Best Wishes,

Jacob :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending