The Student Room Group

Entry into KEGS sixth form Chelmsford

Realistically I predict to get 5-6 9s (maybe 7 9s but unlikely) and the rest 8s for my GCSEs (in total I do 10 GCSEs). What are my chances of receiving a place at KEGS sixth form chelmsford in the Sep 2021 cohort for these subjects:
Computer Science, Physics, Maths, Further Maths ?
Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi I applied to KEGS for 2020 entry but failed and I currently continue in the same school I went to before 6th form (WHSB). If you have all the other entry requirements, you should be fine. KEGS need a 6 in Maths and both the English subjects (I'm assuming as this was all I lacked with a top 8 of 71 (1 less than the possible max) - I got 5 in Eng Lit and 6 in Eng Lang). They also need you to pass a foreign language (I don't remember if it needs to be a modern one, meaning French, Spanish, etc as opposed to something like Latin). If you pass all of this, you should have a pretty good chance.

You also need at least a 7 in all the subjects you plan to continue with an 8 (preferably 9) in maths to do FM (probably shouldn't be a cause of concern for you)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Allmeliton
Hi I applied to KEGS for 2021 entry but failed and I currently continue in the same school I went to before 6th form (WHSB). If you have all the other entry requirements, you should be fine. KEGS need a 6 in Maths and both the English subjects (I'm assuming as this was all I lacked with a top 8 of 71 (1 less than the possible max) - I got 5 in Eng Lit and 6 in Eng Lang). They also need you to pass a foreign language (I don't remember if it needs to be a modern one, meaning French, Spanish, etc as opposed to something like Latin). If you pass all of this, you should have a pretty good chance.

You also need at least a 7 in all the subjects you plan to continue with an 8 (preferably 9) in maths to do FM (probably shouldn't be a cause of concern for you)

Thank you so much. I was worrying a lot about an entry into a grammar school so that I can finally escape my current public school.
(edited 2 years ago)
How do u know if you’ve failed yet for 2021 if we haven’t even got our results yet unless u mean 2020
Original post by ieoj2foi2f2
How do u know if you’ve failed yet for 2021 if we haven’t even got our results yet unless u mean 2020

Yes, sorry. I was meant to say 2020 entry
u see how u got 71 for ur top 8 what do you think the minimum score/set of grades would be to get in
u see how u got 71 for ur top 8 what do you think the minimum score/set of grades would be to get in

I think they say it's 52 or 53 minimum. But realistically you should be looking at the 60s to have a decent chance
Ok thanks

Lets go! I got 7 9s and 3 8s today!

Quick Reply

Latest