The Student Room Group

School uniform

Well as many of you may seen before in this last school year i have had detention for wearing white socks now they have decided from next year ie September it will now be ok for boys to wear white socks as part of your uniform however if you are caught wearing them between now and the end of this term you will still get detention for it how crazy is that ? Would love to hear what you all think ?
Original post by 123kjr456
Well as many of you may seen before in this last school year i have had detention for wearing white socks now they have decided from next year ie September it will now be ok for boys to wear white socks as part of your uniform however if you are caught wearing them between now and the end of this term you will still get detention for it how crazy is that ? Would love to hear what you all think ?

I don't think its crazy that a detention would be given as you would not be following the rules that are currently in place. If the new rules start in September, then that's when they start and not any time before!

However, what I do find crazy is that most schools don't just have plain white, grey, and black socks as part of their uniform! I understand not wanting people in bright coloured ones but otherwise I don't really see how students being able to chose from black, white, or grey socks could be a problem :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by gryffindor_02
I don't think its crazy that a detention would be given as you would not be following the rules that are currently in place. If the new rules start in September, then that's when they start and not any time before!

However, what I do find crazy is that most schools don't just have plain white, grey, and black socks as part of their uniform! I understand not wanting people in bright coloured ones but otherwise I don't really see how students being able to chose from black, white, or grey socks could be a problem :dontknow:

Yeah i get your point but does it really matter what colour socks lads are wearing how does it help your education ?

Quick Reply

Latest