Turn on thread page Beta

Girl I really like is single again watch

ok 2 years ago
    This girl started in the year above at sixth form
    The most stunning girl ever..she could have who she wanted.....
    A few months into the year she started staring at me at every opportunity....
    Then she started randomly smiling and sayin hi and it escalated into lots of conversations....
    She showed loadsa interest....always complimented me on clothes...once said "ive heard ur good at hockey...so i said yeh im ok.....u into hockey...so she said no but i love watching it".....
    She had an on/off boyfriend (who beat her and stuff)..but she didnt know I knew all this and this -along with the fact that I was intimidated by her caused me to never ask her out . If anything i think it drove her crazy cos i was the only one in the school who didnt! .....but on a serious note....she showed lots of interest but it never materialised...

I saw her a year ago when I bumped into her and she said something like "see you later" as I was leaving...then she said " when will I be seeing you next...and i just said dunno really and smiled so she said oh well..see you whenever eh and went off".......

I saw her at a bar like 4 months ago....and cos shes got me on facebook and i knew she had aboyfriend and didnt wanna hit on her..something id finally realised i would do..i completely ignored her.....and just ddnt make any eye contact..
    im known to be a very very confident guy n ppl say im good looking..so i spose it kinda annoyed her but attracted her too in the past...

im still very much interested in her...shes curvy,blonde and shes got a seriously nice personality.....i logged on facebook a few days ago and it came up that shes now single..

i dont really see her that often...nor do i hve her number..i still think she might like me.....and i want to make a move...
    is there any chance shes still interested??..girls what u think
    what should I do??..

really need some help..lol..

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, learn how to use quotation marks.
    Secondly, just go for it. Talk to her via facebook and meet up.
    Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't waste any time.

ReputationRep:
    It would be very funny (for us) if she just accidentally/casually set her Facebook status to single but was really still going out with the guy who beat her, who then proceeded to beat you for hitting on his girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    go for it
    you have no reason not to
    especially if you think she's interested...

(Original post by Ascient)
    It would be very funny (for us) if she just accidentally/casually set her Facebook status to single but was really still going out with the guy who beat her, who then proceeded to beat you for hitting on his girlfriend.
    sorry didnt make it clear....she split with the womanbeater like 2 years ago when i had a lil thing with her and then was single for a while..
    she got with someone else 7 months ago....when i had a gf and she just split with him..
    i split with my girlfriend a few months back..and im interested in her

(Original post by Mahana)
    go for it
    you have no reason not to
    especially if you think she's interested...

yeh im just not sure what to do..
    I cant just hope ill bump into her..
    a friendly message over facebook seems the best plan...but she hardly ever uses it and doesnt really message people..
    i dont hav a clue what to say either..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sorry didnt make it clear....she split with the womanbeater like 2 years ago when i had a lil thing with her and then was single for a while..
    she got with someone else 7 months ago....when i had a gf and she just split with him..
    i split with my girlfriend a few months back..and im interested in her
    Ah right. I was just being anal anyway. The fact that you're still thinking about her now should tell you that your mind isn't at rest from the whole saga, and you should go with your instinct and ask her out. She can only say no, but then at least you'll know you tried and it'll put your mind at ease.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    go for it. if you don;t you'll wish you had for ages. trust me, i did it, by the time id got my nerve up she was going out with someone else. you obviously like her so 'just do it'. let us know how ya do!

ReputationRep:
    Listen.

You're confident right?

Ask the damn girl out, if she goes along, then score you're in, if not you know shes not worth your time.

Thank me later

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it. If she's as nice as you say she is, if you don't make a move, someone else probably will.

ReputationRep:
    Stick your tongue in and see if she squeals.

i defo want to and I will...
    but i dont hav her number...so im thinkin is facebook a good idea...i really dont think sending a flirty/friendly message on theres a great idea..but its all i can think of....
    unlesss im lucky enough to bump into her somewhere

ReputationRep:
    So, you're a very confident dude, but you've waited 2 years to make a move?

Dude. If you want it. Try and get it. If you fail, the world doesn't stop spinning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i defo want to and I will...
    but i dont hav her number...so im thinkin is facebook a good idea...i really dont think sending a flirty/friendly message on theres a great idea..but its all i can think of....
    unlesss im lucky enough to bump into her somewhere
    Why not say how you two haven't seen each other in a while, talk about how you used to speak quite often and say you should meet up?

That way it's pretty matter of fact, and you dont have to worry about looking too needy or flirty or wondering if you've given the wrong impression..

If you want her you cannot just count on chance to bring you two together.

Go for it tiger!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2008
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.