is it possible to change course through clearing?

Watch this thread
123GRace321
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have applied for a criminology course and confirmed lancaster as firm choice however i have changed my mind and want to do an LLB law with criminology. I have no idea what my predicted grades will be, my predicted grades are ABB but in my most recent assessment i got AAB, however i may even come out with BBB, I have looked at courses and have found these in clearing:
Lancaster- AAB
Manchester- AAA
Liverpool- AAA
Sheffield- AAB, however i cant find the course on clearing
York- AAB- However i cant find the course on clearing

after speaking with a couple of people such as friends, family, aquaintances at work neither of them seemed impressed at lancaster and all said it was a really boring university, being my first choice which makes me reconsider other choices.

I have registered my interest in the clearing course at manchester and Lancaster. My question is if i achieved AAB would manchester still consider my place if entry requirements are AAA

Is anyone else in a similar predicament?, any advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by 123GRace321; 1 year ago
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 123GRace321)
i have applied for a criminology course and confirmed lancaster as firm choice however i have changed my mind and want to do an LLB law with criminology. I have no idea what my predicted grades will be, my predicted grades are ABB but in my most recent assessment i got AAB, however i may even come out with BBB, I have looked at courses and have found these in clearing:
Lancaster- AAB
Manchester- AAA
Liverpool- AAA

after speaking with a couple of people such as friends, family, aquaintances at work neither of them seemed impressed at lancaster and all said it was a really boring university, being my first choice which makes me reconsider other choices.

I have registered my interest in the clearing course at manchester and Lancaster. My question is if i achieved AAB would manchester still consider my place if entry requirements are AAA

Hi 123GRace321,

I hope you are well! Great to hear you have applied to Lancaster University! I have just finished my degree at Lancaster. I had the best time and am so sad to be finished! I personally have loved the university campus and the city!

Please let me know if you have any questions about the university as I would be more than happy to help. If you want to chat to current students on the courses you are looking at studying, you can do so here.

Rebecca (Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student)
123GRace321
Rep:
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi 123GRace321,

I hope you are well! Great to hear you have applied to Lancaster University! I have just finished my degree at Lancaster. I had the best time and am so sad to be finished! I personally have loved the university campus and the city!

Please let me know if you have any questions about the university as I would be more than happy to help. If you want to chat to current students on the courses you are looking at studying, you can do so here.

Rebecca (Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student)
Do you know how flexible lancaster are with students who want to change their course in the first year?
123GRace321
Rep:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Lancaster- AAB
Manchester- AAA
Liverpool- AAA

If lancaster is your firm choice then you don’t need to use clearing to change course. Ring them up today and ask them to switch your course.

Depending on your results you can decide in August if you want to use clearing to switch to a different university but don’t put off getting your firm course changed.
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Lancaster- AAB
Manchester- AAA
Liverpool- AAA

Hi !

Hope you are well. I'm a current student at the Uni of Sheffield so I thought I would pop in to help you out a bit regarding clearing. It's good you have registered your interest in the clearing as that's the best first step, if you are wanting to register your interest for Sheffield you can do that here. If the course isn't available on there I would recommend ringing up the clearing hotline on results day, the number for this hotline will be release on that same link on results day. This will be similar for the other Universities you are interested in also, I would recommend making a list of your favourite option to least preferred option and ring up the hotlines for each university on results day to check for places in clearing. As a course like Law is competitive, some uni's don't post the spaces on the clearing list!

Hope this helps you out a little bit, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask

Best of luck!

Alisha
2nd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
The University of Law Students
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Lancaster- AAB
Manchester- AAA
Liverpool- AAA

Hi 123GRace321

Even if you get onto your first choice and are unsure, you can look through the options for clearing before making a decision. If you get to the stage where you have accepted the offer of a university but then change your mind, make sure you speak to the university admissions team first. There are some good points on this link: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...te-application.

Hope that helps!
Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
Last edited by The University of Law Students; 1 year ago
homebound
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
bae i just finished my first year at lancaster and even with covid i had the most fun i’ve ever had in my life. in fact sometimes it was kinda annoying how loud it was at like 01:00 💀
University of York
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Lancaster- AAB
Manchester- AAA
Liverpool- AAA

Hello there,

I'm a Graduate Ambassador here are the University of York and wanted to join in to offer you some support here :

Here at York, our departments are more than happy to speak with prospective students and provide advice/support on circumstances such as yours. You can make contact with Dr Tom O'Brien, the Law and Criminology course contact on: [email protected] and +44 (0)1904 323048.

On the night of Monday 9th August, you could also check out the Law vacancies page at York too.

Many thanks,

Laura
Graduate Ambassador
123GRace321
Rep:
(Original post by homebound)
bae i just finished my first year at lancaster and even with covid i had the most fun i’ve ever had in my life. in fact sometimes it was kinda annoying how loud it was at like 01:00 💀
wait rly?, so is lancaster alright for nighlife then?
Ghostlady
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My daughter was in grizedale and she said even during covid she had a blast. Was pretty amazing how resourceful students can be when it comes to flat party themes when restrictions were in place. And she loved glow the night club as well as the college bars.
homebound
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
wait rly?, so is lancaster alright for nighlife then?
i thought lancaster would be dead as well but it’s honestly kind of amazing. there’s 9 bars on campus & a few nightclubs in town. there’s always something going on even on weekdays in the middle of term lmao. i don’t know where lancaster got it’s dead reputation from but everyone i know was pleasantly surprised but how alive it is. third term is when things started opening up again and that was the best term ever. there were still quite a few restrictions too so i can’t wait for when everything is fully open again. it’s gonna be so ****ing awesome.
123GRace321
Rep:
i thought lancaster would be dead as well but it’s honestly kind of amazing. there’s 9 bars on campus & a few nightclubs in town. there’s always something going on even on weekdays in the middle of term lmao. i don’t know where lancaster got it’s dead reputation from but everyone i know was pleasantly surprised but how alive it is. third term is when things started opening up again and that was the best term ever. there were still quite a few restrictions too so i can’t wait for when everything is fully open again. it’s gonna be so ****ing awesome.
what are the bars like on campus?
Lancaster University
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
If lancaster is your firm choice then you don’t need to use clearing to change course. Ring them up today and ask them to switch your course.

Depending on your results you can decide in August if you want to use clearing to switch to a different university but don’t put off getting your firm course changed.
Hello - It looks like you have a couple of points in your question - The first is about changing course at Lancaster (your firm choice). For this, please contact our admissions team ([email protected]) for guidance on that. Your second question regards the grades required for entry to Manchester University. For that, our advice is to contact Manchester directly. We hope that helps, and we're rooting for you. BB
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lancaster University)
Hello - It looks like you have a couple of points in your question - The first is about changing course at Lancaster (your firm choice). For this, please contact our admissions team ([email protected]) for guidance on that. Your second question regards the grades required for entry to Manchester University. For that, our advice is to contact Manchester directly. We hope that helps, and we're rooting for you. BB
did you quote me by mistake?
I'm not an applicant
Lancaster University
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
did you quote me by mistake?
I'm not an applicant
Looks like we did! Apologies. Was a response to the original post from 123GRace321. BB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (1)
16.67%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (1)
16.67%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (0)
0%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (1)
16.67%
Reading articles about what steps to take (2)
33.33%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
16.67%

Watched Threads