The Student Room Group

Entertainment is recruiting!

Hi all,
I'm pleased to announce that Entertainment is recruiting!

For successful applicants, users will become a Forum Helper (FH) initially and then they will have the chance to apply to become a Volunteer Team (VT) member at a later stage. The roles are similar, however the VT role has some more responsibilities and permissions although content creation and supporting the community in the entertainment is the main part of the role!

:fyi: To be a Forum Helper, you need to be 16 or above due to safeguarding reasons.

Both roles are all about:

Supporting the Community on TSR, including moving any threads in the wrong places.

Content creation, including projects such as the colouring competitions and Album/Game of the year.

Fostering a community feel, primarily involving engaging with users and being someone they trust and can ask for help

From a FH perspective, the role offers a chance to develop your CV, to gain experience in running and participating in projects, and to join our existing team of fantastic Forum Helpers.

For more information, see the Volunteer Hub: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/lif.../volunteertsr/

If you are interested in applying, please create a thread in the Forum Helper application forum with your answers to the following:

Which sub-forum would you like to help in?

Why would you like to help?

How would you improve the section?

Do you have any project ideas for the section?

If you want any more information, please let me know by replying to this thread, or sending me a PM if you'd prefer!
(edited 2 years ago)
This looks exciting
Original post by 04MR17
This looks exciting

:thumbsup:
love the new pfp also i have a q about my last acc can i ask it here? its not if ygm
Original post by Moonbeam06
love the new pfp also i have a q about my last acc can i ask it here? its not if ygm

Hey thanks for that :hat2:
I think that one's best for the ask the community staff forum ! :beard:
You can access it here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215
Have a great day :smile:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hey thanks for that :hat2:
I think that one's best for the ask the community staff forum ! :beard:
You can access it here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215
Have a great day :smile:

uuugh i hate that forum but ok lmao

Spoiler

Original post by Moonbeam06
uuugh i hate that forum but ok lmao

Spoiler

You can :yy: but depending on the nature of your query I can't guarantee I can help! :redface: :jumphug:
You can :yy: but depending on the nature of your query I can't guarantee I can help! :redface: :jumphug:

thanks just have! :hugs:

uummm so ive only just realised your username is cheese-is-veg not cheesels-veg :colondollar:
Reply 8

[*]Content creation, including projects such as the colouring competitions and Album/Game of the year.

[*]Do Forum Helpers in other sections have opportunities to help out with these too or is it just Entertainment FHs?
Original post by Foxehh
[*]Do Forum Helpers in other sections have opportunities to help out with these too or is it just Entertainment FHs?

[*]Yes they do :smile: just gave some entertainment-specific examples here! :yes:
It's very much encouraged since content creation and supporting the community (within the forum the forum helpers are assigned to) are the main parts of the role :yy:
Original post by Foxehh

[*]FH from any section can help out in sections which aren’t theirs - for example, I’ve made a recent thread in Chat for the Summer Bucket List Project and a few others before that.
The section you’re assigned to is the one you applied to join, usually because you have more expertise or greater interest in that area, but you’re not limited to it.
Reply 11
[*]Yes they do :smile: just gave some entertainment-specific examples here! :yes:
It's very much encouraged since content creation and supporting the community (within the forum the forum helpers are assigned to) are the main parts of the role :yy:

Original post by Mesopotamian.
[*]
[*]FH from any section can help out in sections which aren’t theirs - for example, I’ve made a recent thread in Chat for the Summer Bucket List Project and a few others before that.
The section you’re assigned to is the one you applied to join, usually because you have more expertise or greater interest in that area, but you’re not limited to it.

[*][*]Oh cool, thanks :h:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
#EntertainmentExists

:iiam:
:woo:
im back lmao i still wanna be a fh :redface:
Original post by hey yall
im back lmao i still wanna be a fh :redface:

Hey thanks for your interest :smile:
Just to let you know we now have a rule where Forum Helpers need to be 16 years old or above for safeguarding reasons.
If you wish to re-apply, please make another application in the forum here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=361
Hey thanks for your interest :smile:
Just to let you know we now have a rule where Forum Helpers need to be 16 years old or above for safeguarding reasons.
If you wish to re-apply, please make another application in the forum here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=361

;-;
so
after waiting a couple months to apply when im 15 i gotta wait till next year
just give me a moment pls :h:

Spoiler

ok thats fine well see if im still around then lmao
Very exciting!
@CheeseIsVeg Sorry to revive this old thread, but what is about members who are already Forum Helpers and want to get extended permissions in another forums? is it not better to send a private message?

Quick Reply