A Levels - Textiles or Physics?

Watch this thread
tsukife
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
For my A-Levels for my first choice school, I picked R.S. , Psycholgy and Art, Craft and Design: Textiles, Fashion and Graphics. This school is the only school that offers Art, Craft and Design: Textiles, Fashion and Graphics. I picked it because it seemed fun and interesting.

For most of the other schools I applied to, I picked R.S./Philosophy and Ethics, Psychology, Physics and Maths.

I liked Physics but not that much, a lot of it was boring tbh. But I didn't know what else to pick and since I am good at Physics, I picked that. I also picked maths to compliment physics, and some schools i applied to required you to take 4 a levels initially as well

Now, I am thinking of not taking Textiles and instead take physics and maths. However, I am not too sure if I should. Would physics be a better a level for me? Would textiles be a better a level for me to get into an art foundation degree ( I want to do that after sixth form)? Or would either a level put me on the same playing field?

If someone could please advise me, please do. And sorry for the long post, tysm if u read this this far
Chisjsgeusiaibdv
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by tsukife)
For my A-Levels for my first choice school, I picked R.S. , Psycholgy and Art, Craft and Design: Textiles, Fashion and Graphics. This school is the only school that offers Art, Craft and Design: Textiles, Fashion and Graphics. I picked it because it seemed fun and interesting.

For most of the other schools I applied to, I picked R.S./Philosophy and Ethics, Psychology, Physics and Maths.

I liked Physics but not that much, a lot of it was boring tbh. But I didn't know what else to pick and since I am good at Physics, I picked that. I also picked maths to compliment physics, and some schools i applied to required you to take 4 a levels initially as well

Now, I am thinking of not taking Textiles and instead take physics and maths. However, I am not too sure if I should. Would physics be a better a level for me? Would textiles be a better a level for me to get into an art foundation degree ( I want to do that after sixth form)? Or would either a level put me on the same playing field?

If someone could please advise me, please do. And sorry for the long post, tysm if u read this this far
Since you want to do an art foundation degree, it would make sense to do textiles.
You also said that you find physics quite boring. This isn’t great when studying for a-levels cause physics is *hard*, and requires a lot of motivation and drive.

It also seems like you like textiles, so you’ll like the lessons etc.
tsukife
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Chisjsgeusiaibdv)
Since you want to do an art foundation degree, it would make sense to do textiles.
You also said that you find physics quite boring. This isn’t great when studying for a-levels cause physics is *hard*, and requires a lot of motivation and drive.

It also seems like you like textiles, so you’ll like the lessons etc.
okay thank uu :3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads