Unite students move in-date?

Watch
Komaric
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My university halls are officially partnered with Unite students to provide accomodation. I'm in some Facebook groups for the accomodation and I can see a lot of people will be moving in from September 15-18th. However the earliest date on the app I can select is September 24th?

My term and induction week starts on the 21st so is there any way I can change this? Am I stuck because of my tenancy? I really don't want to miss out on freshers and also have to move in during the middle of it. Has anyone had the same problem with Unite Students?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Komaric)
My university halls are officially partnered with Unite students to provide accomodation. I'm in some Facebook groups for the accomodation and I can see a lot of people will be moving in from September 15-18th. However the earliest date on the app I can select is September 24th?

My term and induction week starts on the 21st so is there any way I can change this? Am I stuck because of my tenancy? I really don't want to miss out on freshers and also have to move in during the middle of it. Has anyone had the same problem with Unite Students?
Hi! Komaric

It might be that this date is later because the other move-in days are all booked up. The move-in period might be longer too, due to the university making covid restrictions about too many people moving in on the same day, as it can be manic with so many people moving stuff into halls.

I would speak to your university halls team and unite students and ask if you can get an earlier date to move in.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed