Examination Hall horror!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mesho
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
The thing is that they gather all the students from all schools here and put them all together in one big hall. And you wont ofcourse know eveyone! its scary abit! especially when you've never seen the school you are going to!!
Before my Alevels, in my previous school I did the Olevels in my school with only my friends and my teachers! but Now its big hall with 200000 people and teachers that u just don't know! I hate it!
I try just to concentrate on the exam and once i get the paper i forget about the crowd surrounding me! but I think that its affects my concentration!! and my confidence at the same time!!

does everyone here take their exms in their own school??
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yep, it's just students and teachers from my school, plus the odd invigilator.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mesho)
The thing is that they gather all the students from all schools here and put them all together in one big hall. And you wont ofcourse know eveyone! its scary abit! especially when you've never seen the school you are going to!!
Before my Alevels, in my previous school I did the Olevels in my school with only my friends and my teachers! but Now its big hall with 200000 people and teachers that u just don't know! I hate it!
I try just to concentrate on the exam and once i get the paper i forget about the crowd surrounding me! but I think that its affects my concentration!! and my confidence at the same time!!

Where are you? I had someth9ing similar to that when I did my IGCSEs in Saudi- all the schools in my province had to do the exams at the British Council. We had 17 year old illiterate girls invigilating- I swear I was skanked out of 15 minutes in my bio exam- the HO could NOT tell the time!
Mesho
Rep:
?
(Original post by visesh)
Where are you? I had someth9ing similar to that when I did my IGCSEs in Saudi- all the schools in my province had to do the exams at the British Council. We had 17 year old illiterate girls invigilating- I swear I was skanked out of 15 minutes in my bio exam- the HO could NOT tell the time!
Im from Jordan.. I really hate it ! and whenever I have an exam i wish that it just passes by so quickly!!!

I miss my old schoool Before i went to Jordan I used to be in Bahrain. And i used to do my exams with my friends only.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I take exams in my own school. Most people should though.
Mesho
Rep:
?
(Original post by trev)
I take exams in my own school. Most people should though.
yeah.. when i sat for my very first exam. I got so freaked out that i really screwed up my paper and i failed in it
I really don't know why don't we just do it in our own school..
habosh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mesho)
yeah.. when i sat for my very first exam. I got so freaked out that i really screwed up my paper and i failed in it
I really don't know why don't we just do it in our own school..
but hun we are always with you,aren't we..I've never known you freak out from it that much, :eek: I hate it too I can tell you,I just wish practicle would be at least in our school this year
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow, I never realised you guys had to do that. Sounds pretty bad.

(but funnily, I wouldn't mind trying it- just to see what it's like with so many people there)
!Laxy!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
Yep, it's just students and teachers from my school, plus the odd invigilator.
same
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I remember my Dad explaining his exams to me. Sitting on the floor in a very crowded room with everyone in the local area...his 'local' school was 7 miles away..local meant a much larger area then it does here. It all seemed a bit scary to me.

My exams used to be held in college but it has changed now. We are put into a big office block in the centre (college is a 15 minute walk away). Quite daunting when you don't know where you are meant to be going, and no one can tell you where to go. They do have really nice leather chairs/sofas in the reception which were mine for a while this morning...Don't advise walking into someones office shouting FECK, ARSE, DRINK...always pay attention to where you are going in an unfamiliar building. Especially while shouting such phrases.
Daria
Report 14 years ago
my exams are just in the skool hall...
but i get freaked out if i sit at the front!! i remember i was literally in the front row, right infront of the teacher's desk during all three of my english gcse exams...
and now i got 2 exams on monday, i'm sooo hoping i don't hafta sit at the front!!
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mesho)

200000 people? Must be a bloody big hall. The size of a small country, in fact.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by guitargirl9)
my exams are just in the skool hall...
but i get freaked out if i sit at the front!! i remember i was literally in the front row, right infront of the teacher's desk during all three of my english gcse exams...
and now i got 2 exams on monday, i'm sooo hoping i don't hafta sit at the front!!
I sympathise! I had to sit in the front row for all 3 GCSE science exams and there was a really creepy, pervy invigilator who kept staring at me! EVERY time I looked up, he was staring at me, and he never made any attempt to look away! Also, in my GCSE food tech exam, there were only 4 of us on one side of the hall and everyone else on the other because we were the only ones doing higher tier and everyone else was sitting foundation. That was kind of intimidating....

Good luck with the exams on Monday, sure you'll do great!
Daria
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
I sympathise! I had to sit in the front row for all 3 GCSE science exams and there was a really creepy, pervy invigilator who kept staring at me! EVERY time I looked up, he was staring at me, and he never made any attempt to look away! Also, in my GCSE food tech exam, there were only 4 of us on one side of the hall and everyone else on the other because we were the only ones doing higher tier and everyone else was sitting foundation. That was kind of intimidating....

Good luck with the exams on Monday, sure you'll do great!
yeah, the pervy stares, i got that too!!!
lol, i told my RS teacher i cant stand sittin at the front, and she goes, "i'll hafta tell them u get panic attacks if you're at the front!!" lol.
(i'm hopin she meant it as a joke, hehe!)
thanks for the luck, i'll be needin plenty of that...
Mesho
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
200000 people? Must be a bloody big hall. The size of a small country, in fact.
I didnt really mean 200000! just that alot of students would be gathered all together from like more than 15 schools..
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lots of people in one hall (1000+) usually takes place for people who are not in school/college anymore or private candidates, wishing to retake some modules. Imagine how many invigilators will be there, lol.
Jonah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
200000 people in a hall... where are u wembley stadium.. n how cool would that be
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well there were about 250 people in my year when i took my GCSEs... and there were some A-level modules going on at the same time so maybe 300 people in the sports hall.

My sister's finding it really weird doing exams @ uni, cos @ PHS we were so drilled on the exam things. e.g. nobody would dream of talking / turning round: the atmosphere in that sport's hall is electric. But @ uni people jus walk in and out, and they're all sat on long benches rather than separate tables!
Mesho
Rep:
?
(Original post by trev)
Imagine how many invigilators will be there, lol.
just think about that!
habosh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Wow, I never realised you guys had to do that. Sounds pretty bad.

(but funnily, I wouldn't mind trying it- just to see what it's like with so many people there)
too much noise,people you dont know.places you keep fearing you'll get somehow lost in the school because your not sure about the places but well only the first couple of exams until you get hang on of the school...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (378)
80.08%
Leave (94)
19.92%

Watched Threads