04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
To add a couple more news articles without a paywall:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-57525379

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...dents-20984004

Seems to have been handled poorly by the university - especially since they've let it go this late!
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Shall I be concerned about the boycott and incomplete marksheets?? Considering I'm an international postgrad for Sep 2021 admission in MSc in Microelectronic Systems.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Shall I be concerned about the boycott and incomplete marksheets?? Considering I'm an international postgrad for Sep 2021 admission in MSc in Microelectronic Systems.
You'll probably be okay, but who knows. Liverpool's had quite a few messy incidents over the past few years. Its reputation is going to take a hit sooner or later.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
You'll probably be okay, but who knows. Liverpool's had quite a few messy incidents over the past few years. Its reputation is going to take a hit sooner or later.
OMG!!
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm not at Liverpool but I know their pain, I'm still waiting for my exam results after 2 months.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
OMG!!
There's been on and off strikes for a few years now, there was a scandal with a staff member, and now this marking mess has sort of ruined the university for me, as a student. But things could improve as quickly as they got messy.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
I'm not at Liverpool but I know their pain, I'm still waiting for my exam results after 2 months.
Oh! I see.. How is the Uni in terms of career prospects in Electronics?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
There's been on and off strikes for a few years now, there was a scandal with a staff member, and now this marking mess has sort of ruined the university for me, as a student. But things could improve as quickly as they got messy.
Hoping that things will improve..Now, I'm in two minds: to enroll or not to enroll..as a postgrad ?!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Hoping that things will improve..Now, I'm in two minds: to enroll or not to enroll..as a postgrad ?!
I would recommend doing some research. Also, if your MSc is one with a year in industry, don't get your hopes up too much at the moment.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
I would recommend doing some research. Also, if your MSc is one with a year in industry, don't get your hopes up too much at the moment.
Doing research on whatever extent that is possible staying outside of uk (as I'm an International student).
Yes, the MSc program does have a year in Industry. I have seen, they boast of having strong links with core electronic companies such as ARM, National Instruments. How far this is true? How many do get graduate placement after msc in these companies?!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Doing research on whatever extent that is possible staying outside of uk (as I'm an International student).
Yes, the MSc program does have a year in Industry. I have seen, they boast of having strong links with core electronic companies such as ARM, National Instruments. How far this is true? How many do get graduate placement after msc in these companies?!
Good idea. And they do have strong links, and getting graduate jobs isn't too bad - but much harder for international students. However, the MSc programme with the year in industry doesn't have the best success rate at getting people years in industry because companies are often reluctant to take MSc students for a year in industry, especially if they require sponsorship. I think getting a graduate job directly afterwards would be an easier option, but still pretty challenging in the current climate, particularly for international students.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Okay..Firstly, thank you for such a detailed info. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the sponsorship rules are comparatively eased from this year, alongwith 2yrs psw. Am I right?
Moreover, my backup choice is MSc in QUB.

What's your say?!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Okay..Firstly, thank you for such a detailed info. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the sponsorship rules are comparatively eased from this year, alongwith 2yrs psw. Am I right?
Moreover, my backup choice is MSc in QUB.

What's your say?!
I know the two year rule has been relaxed but it doesn't really make it easier to get a job for international students. That being said, you are doing an in-demand subject, so you might have an easier time than most. Liverpool and QUB are probably roughly the same in terms of reputation. Liverpool is maybe a tiny bit better. But it's a strange year, so the best thing I would recommend is to look what alumni end up doing on LinkedIn.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
That's a useful point! (especially the last line) I do take your advice seriously.
However, the others I had not mentioned were York, Newcastle, Leeds. None of them have a placement year. Also, the last one I can't afford.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
That's a useful point! (especially the last line) I do take your advice seriously.
However, the others I had not mentioned were York, Newcastle, Leeds. None of them have a placement year. Also, the last one I can't afford.
Also, they are pretty dry on scholarships
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Hello!

How is the situation now?? Are things getting better?
I'm a bit worried..
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Hello!

How is the situation now?? Are things getting better?
I'm a bit worried..
Not really. If you search 'Liverpool University strikes' on Google, or #LivUniStrike on Twitter, you will be able to get the latest updates. Lots of students are still missing their results, although some do have them now.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Oh..Yes, in twitter the Uni posted only very few of the students didn't get their results, and about 98% got their results?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Oh..Yes, in twitter the Uni posted only very few of the students didn't get their results, and about 98% got their results?
Lol. Don't read what the uni says, read what the students and others say.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (8)
57.14%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (0)
0%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (2)
14.29%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
7.14%
I haven't started researching yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
21.43%

Watched Threads