The Student Room Group

London uni choice advise? Westminster/QMUL/Kingston

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emma.bow
Okay, thanks. I’ll take a look at the courses.

Ok so having a double passport idk how it works. On the ucas website they ask where do you live, so in the EU, but I'm worried that not all unis will have avaliable places for home fees student. Have I explained myself in a understandable way?
Reply 21
Oh, they distinguish between home and international students? Is there a problem if they consider me one and not the other? I called UCAS and I’m paying home fees. I’m guessing that would mean I’d be considered a home student and not international but anything’s possible.
Oh, they distinguish between home and international students? Is there a problem if they consider me one and not the other? I called UCAS and I’m paying home fees. I’m guessing that would mean I’d be considered a home student and not international but anything’s possible.

well if you are paying home fees I think you should check the possible unis as somebody that lives in England. But I'm not sure because UCAS talk about where you live and not the fees: "To show you courses in Clearing with suitable vacancies, we need to know where you normally live." and you live in Italy right?
The best idea is to call the uni that you are interested in and ask them.
Original post by XanaXoid
well if you are paying home fees I think you should check the possible unis as somebody that lives in England. But I'm not sure because UCAS talk about where you live and not the fees: "To show you courses in Clearing with suitable vacancies, we need to know where you normally live." and you live in Italy right?
The best idea is to call the uni that you are interested in and ask them.

i believe you need to prove that you have been living in the UK continuously for the last 3 years to qualify for home fees, although some unis may be more relaxed than others
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i believe you need to prove that you have been living in the UK continuously for the last 3 years to qualify for home fees, although some unis may be more relaxed than others

Yeah honestly I never really looked into it but somebody told me something similar. So it's worth asking every uni she is interested in
Reply 25
I called UCAS at the beginning of my application. They said to ring UKSIA I think (my father did that). They told him that I’m eligible for home fees. They didn’t say anything about having to live in the UK for the last 3 years…

So are you saying that whether you’re an international student or not, the university will have a different number of places for you?
I called UCAS at the beginning of my application. They said to ring UKSIA I think (my father did that). They told him that I’m eligible for home fees. They didn’t say anything about having to live in the UK for the last 3 years…

So are you saying that whether you’re an international student or not, the university will have a different number of places for you?

Yeah unis have a set number of places for home and international student. So if you are considered home student probably some uni that I mentioned don't have places

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending