Can I become an architect without an art gcse

Watch
Redtears
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
The three choice gcses I chose are media studies, business/economics and photography. I didn't choose art because I heard that it wouldn't be that good and I also don't enjoy using paint (I like to use normal pencils and colored ones). I'm am actually a good traditional artist.

Can I become an architect without an art gcse?

If not, can I do art a levels if I put together a portfolio?
kemi28
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm not in the field of arts or architecture however what I can say is make sure you get good grades in all your subjects and you can apply for any course you want. Having an Art GCSE may be helpful but its not a necessity. Also, if you are looking to go to uni, ensure that you have a strong personal statement showing you're interest in the course and you'll be fine
Last edited by kemi28; 2 months ago
OluSeye1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Redtears)
The three choice gcses I chose are media studies, business/economics and photography. I didn't choose art because I heard that it wouldn't be that good and I also don't enjoy using paint (I like to use normal pencils and colored ones). I'm am actually a good traditional artist.

Can I become an architect without an art gcse?

If not, can I do art a levels if I put together a portfolio?
Art isn't required but it would be useful to boost your application, in addition most universities will require a portfolio to apply for the course and also a pass in GCSE Maths (Minimum grade 5) However you cannot do A-Level Art without GCSE Art at most schools
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.43%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
26.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.86%

Watched Threads