Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

im applying for uni next month, and think i may end up using all 5 choices (say if u think this is a bad idea :P) however i actually have six potential ones, and i was wondering which u think i should drop?

Sussex - this is my probably unrealistic dream (in terms of course and how good a uni it is)
    Surrey - next best option (in terms of course)
    Bournemouth - next best option (in terms of course)
    Portsmouth - would be more than happy with
    Brighton - probably my favourite, love the uni and the place itself
    Hertfordshire - not the Best uni but if all else fails at least il have somewhere

il add i got ABB in june, in general studies, eng comb and business studies in that order, i have a history grade pending this year (hopefully an A or B)

however i dont think il get the best reference, i went to two different schools for AS and A2 because i was unhappy at the first, but never settled in to the second, so i had bad attendance.

i wasnt going to go uni til this summer because i thought i had no chance so i didnt listen to many UCAS talks etc, so would appreciate Any advice

thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    oh and im applying for Law at each of these, though sometimes Law and Business or Law and Politics depending on which ones do it etc

ReputationRep:
    hertfordshire i think. But its all up to you, i say hertfordshire, as its the lowest one there... i go to brighton! i wasnt keen on it at first, but woah, i was wrong, its great! and fun as well...

what do each want from you?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_<3_you)
    hertfordshire i think. But its all up to you, i say hertfordshire, as its the lowest one there... i go to brighton! i wasnt keen on it at first, but woah, i was wrong, its great! and fun as well...

what do each want from you?

x
    i think ur probably right, it think its just scary getting rid of it because then i dont really have a backup anymore :s

sussex, surrey and bournemouth want ABB; which i have, and they ''say'' they accept General Studies, but whatever :P

Portsmouth wants BBB, Brighton BBC, and Hertfordshire wants BBC-BCC.

So the latter are potential in terms of results for me, i think il probably have Brighton as my main, i loved it there too when i looked round

x

ReputationRep:
    My suggestions for 5 good choices are:

Sussex: A little bit of ambition could do no harm. You never know, if your personal statement and reference are good you might even get a place, and for a subject like law, it's best to aim high.

brighton: you love the place, you love the uni. this one is a no brainer.

portsmouth; you can see yourself there and you'll be "more than happy" if offered a place, so this one makes the cut.

hertfordshire- Yeah its always good too have one choice that you are sure you have a great chance of getting into.

surrey: When it comes to law, surrey seems to be on the same level as sussex, So my reason for this is the same as my reason for sussex.

I'll advise you to do some more research, and really think hard about what you want to do after your degree, Because with choices like those some jobs/opportunities in the legal profession can be rather difficult to attain when you consider you'll be up againts candidates from places like oxbridge, lse, durham etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denny Crane)
    My suggestions for 5 good choices are:

Sussex: A little bit of ambition could do no harm. You never know, if your personal statement and reference are good you might even get a place, and for a subject like law, it's best to aim high.

brighton: you love the place, you love the uni. this one is a no brainer.

portsmouth; you can see yourself there and you'll be "more than happy" if offered a place, so this one makes the cut.

hertfordshire- Yeah its always good too have one choice that you are sure you have a great chance of getting into.

surrey: When it comes to law, surrey seems to be on the same level as sussex, So my reason for this is the same as my reason for sussex.

I'll advise you to do some more research, and really think hard about what you want to do after your degree, Because with choices like those some jobs/opportunities in the legal profession can be rather difficult to attain when you consider you'll be up againts candidates from places like oxbridge, lse, durham etc.

i think il stick with those 5, thanks

yeah i know ur right, i doubt il ever be able to practise law succesfully and i actually dont intend to, i plan to go into business, thats why i want to do a law and business degree, i think a plain business one would bore me too much!

thanks for the replies though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 20, 2008

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.