Northumbria Police Graduate Detective Programme 2021

Watch
putthekettleon88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also, I didn't get a written exercise in my interview just a briefing. Did I apply to a difference force? What a mystery....
s906
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by putthekettleon88)
Also, I didn't get a written exercise in my interview just a briefing. Did I apply to a difference force? What a mystery....
That’s so weird!

I know there’s an intake for March - it could be for that?
Also have you had your online assessment yet?
Last edited by s906; 4 weeks ago
courtney_JJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, i'm currently waiting for my online interview! I am so nervous but so excited. i was wondering if any of you have any tips for the online interview/ tips for the briefing exercise? Congrats on passing!
h3afterdark
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by courtney_JJ)
Hi, i'm currently waiting for my online interview! I am so nervous but so excited. i was wondering if any of you have any tips for the online interview/ tips for the briefing exercise? Congrats on passing!
Hey courtney_JJ The online interview is very much your typical interview and is very nice, remember the interviewers arent there to scare you or put you on the spot. I'd say to format your examples in the good old fashioned STAR method and try and have 2 examples for each competency. The worst thing you can do is not have an example relevant to the question so prepping examples and trying them out is best. As for the briefing its purely based on common sense. Just read through the information provided and come up with suggestions you think would be most suitable. They know you arent a trained officer/ detective so dont worry about technicalities just show your curiosity to question things and the best way to solve the problems using the least resources. Finally, just be yourself, smile, and dress professionally!

Good Luck!
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not for your interview but I would say to never compare your recruitment timeline to anyone else's - it will only make you worry and the process will forever be a mystery (even when you're in the job!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (249)
57.24%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.33%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.8%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (38)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.37%

Watched Threads