The Student Room Group

masters in civil engineering

hello, I have a Bs in Civil engineering and I really appreciate if you help me choose my next university destination. I got an offer from both university of surrey and City, University of London. (MSc) in infrastructure engineering and management , (MSc) in construction management respectively. I am in a dilemma, I am not sure which masters to pursue knowing that both courses are convenient.
Original post by postgrad civil
hello, I have a Bs in Civil engineering and I really appreciate if you help me choose my next university destination. I got an offer from both university of surrey and City, University of London. (MSc) in infrastructure engineering and management , (MSc) in construction management respectively. I am in a dilemma, I am not sure which masters to pursue knowing that both courses are convenient.

Hi there!

To introduce myself I’m Joao, starting next semester I will be in my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government’s Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary in the Private Office. It's great to hear you have applied to Surrey and received an offer. If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, then please ask as I am here to help you out :smile:

Our MSc in Infrastructure Engineering and Management explores the planning, design, analysis, and management frameworks of infrastructure systems. This course is designed to develop your technical knowledge of infrastructure engineering within a social, economic, environmental, and political context; the factors that affect and drive infrastructure planning and funding; and the interdependent nature of infrastructure across different sectors. As a student on this course, you’ll acquire a sound understanding of the entire life cycle of infrastructure assets, the environmental impact of infrastructure projects, infrastructure finance models, Building Information Modelling (BIM), sustainable decision-making, and formal asset-management techniques. You’ll be able to use the knowledge you gain from this course for the creation of new infrastructure as well as the management of existing systems.

Finally, the campus is lovely. Surrey is known to emphasize the social life of students and always care about how you spend your free time at university. The student union offers more than 140 societies based on any hobbies and interests students have and clubs for all kinds of sport that a student might want to take up. And even with covid restrictions, the union managed to organize one of the biggest covid-safe university events in the country!

Joao
Economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending