The Student Room Group

Teaching assistant job with level 3 health and social care

Hey,

I am currently trying to find a job and I just completed college with level 3 Health and Social care. I am planning to take a gap year to retake my GCSES science as well as find a teaching assistant job. Yesterday I went to job centre thinking they would help me find a job, however they failed to do so as COVID has change there procedure. They just handed me a paper where it has all the website I can apply for teaching assistant job. Right now I need to fix my CV I was wondering if anyone who did teaching assistant job could help me fix my CV.
Hello there :smile:

I am sorry to hear that they were not able to give you the support you were hoping to get. There are some great websites where you will be able to find some templates and very useful tips. However, the most important thing you need to do is to make sure that you are tailoring it for a teaching assistant job.

The roles and responsibilities of teaching assistants are varied and differ between schools. Your job can include:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks

You can start by thinking about your experience and what skills will make you a great teaching assistant.

Here you will be able to find some tips and templates -> https://www.monster.co.uk/career-advice/article/teaching-assistant-cv-template

Good luck and I hope you find an amazing job!
Best wishes
Andrea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending